Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have white residue around the bottle cap. I did a pressure test and everything was good. No radiator leaks and water pump was fine. i changed the cap so hopefully this will be the problem. What exactly is the white residue?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i have white residue around the bottle cap. I did a pressure test and everything was good. No radiator leaks and water pump was fine. i changed the cap so hopefully this will be the problem. What exactly is the white residue?
Dried coolant, chances are your oil cooler is shot or your HG's and head bolts are about to completely bite the dust.... Find a trusted shop and get a set of head studs done, make sure they are familiar with the 6.0 before you let them tear into it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think its the oil cooler because i would have oil coming back to my degas tank. And as far as the headgasket and bolts my truck would be overheating if i had a small leak there and my truck has shown no signs of overheating.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i dont think its the oil cooler because i would have oil coming back to my degas tank. And as far as the headgasket and bolts my truck would be overheating if i had a small leak there and my truck has shown no signs of overheating.
How much do you really know about a 6.0? Be honest. have you had an engine apart? have you done a full rebuild on one? have you done diagnostic work on one and thats actually what it turned out to be? Or are you just a parts thrower?

Not trying to jump your a$$ or anything but your first post makes it seem like your not willing to accept any answer besides the one in your head, i can't help until you want someones elses opinion/knowledge on the subject

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mean its a possibility but seriously though wouldnt i have oil coming back to the degas tank if it was the oil cooler?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i mean its a possibility but seriously though wouldnt i have oil coming back to the degas tank if it was the oil cooler?
No, if it ruptures then yes you would, if its plugged then now it just causes your oil temps to be way out of hand... factory head bolts, well...................... we all know thats not a good subject when it comes to a 6.0 and chances are even if your truck has never been tuned but it pulls a trailer then it probably has atleast one cylinder blown out leaking cylinder pressure into the cooling system

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont get your panties in a bunch. Just trying to get some opinions on what people think. Just trying to avoid of bringing it to the ford dealer. And no i dont really know to much about the 6.0.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Panties aren't in a bunch, but some of the new guys have gotten on my nerves lately because they ask whats wrong with there truck and then say "Nope thats not it, my truck is bulletproof."

I apologize.

1st piece of advice: Fastest way to fukk up a ford diesel it to take it to a certified ford diesel technician. Most are nothing but a college educated idiot.

With the members here and there vast knowledge of what your task at hand is we can walk you through anything if your willing to give it a shot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man and yea i'll try to do the repairs myself. Just hoping the head is ok. really didnt want to mess with that. Its better to catch it now before its to late.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
thanks man and yea i'll try to do the repairs myself. Just hoping the head is ok. really didnt want to mess with that. Its better to catch it now before its to late.
If you have the money to do HG's, Headstuds, Egr Delete then i would do them now to prevent problems in the future. Im off for the night but ill pm you my phone number if you have any questions this weekend

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
k bro sounds good i'ma start messing with it tom.. i will give u a call on some advice things to look for. thx

·
Registered
652 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts