Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my 2006 f250 with egr delete, sct with Idp tunes, itp rr, 03 turbo, brand new suncoast kit, and a few other things that are irrelavent, won't hold boost past 20 psi. It still whistles loud, seems to work great as long as you don't go past 20-22 psi. When you do it drops off to 0 also you can hear a slight pop, and a little black smoke when it dose it. If you let off the trottle and ease back into it will work again. Provided you don't go past the 20-22 psi. What do you think turbo going out? I pulled codes with the sct and got none. Haven't gotten a chance to hook the ae up yet. When I do hook the ae up what paramaters do I need to watch while I drive it to make sure what it is. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Boost leak probably. Loose clamp, cracked intercooler, also had a bolt missing out of a turbo one time.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
What do you mean bolt missing? You talking about the mounting bolt.
I had a bolt missing on the pedestal on time But i dont see what that has to do with a boost leak...Check all the tbolt clamps make sure they are tight and check the intercooler boots for cracks.I had the same thing happen intercooler boot slipped off And was leaking after i had my cab off.

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
Sounds like an ICP sensor

See if it starts rough in the next few hundred miles, if so there is a guy on ebay sales them for like $60

·
Registered
181 Posts
Try running it on stock tune, just to eliminate one more thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts