Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had this problem about 6k miles ago.
it is only at HIGH idle. not the flip of the switch high idle, but the high idle when cold out.

it lopes really bad. you can see the rpm gauge fluctuate about 100rpm each way.

i am putting the truck back to stock 100% (exhaust, tuning & intake) on monday and taking to the shop.

if they cannot replicate or fix the problem, the truck WILL be on the market.
I have 106k miles on my 08 dmax and she has NEVER been in the shop.

i replaced the fuel filters 6k miles ago when you guys told me and i am not completely sure that fixed it then, either.

thanks!

·
6.4 Stroker
147 Posts
i had this problem about 6k miles ago.
it is only at HIGH idle. not the flip of the switch high idle, but the high idle when cold out.

it lopes really bad. you can see the rpm gauge fluctuate about 100rpm each way.

i am putting the truck back to stock 100% (exhaust, tuning & intake) on monday and taking to the shop.

if they cannot replicate or fix the problem, the truck WILL be on the market.
I have 106k miles on my 08 dmax and she has NEVER been in the shop.

i replaced the fuel filters 6k miles ago when you guys told me and i am not completely sure that fixed it then, either.

thanks!
My truck does this also. I run Spartan tuning though. There have been quite a few threads on this, and what I gathered is that it is just the nature of the beast. I get loping, and no codes at all.

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
My old truck 08 did the samething with my bully dog tuner but only when cold too. I never fixed it I had 107,000Km on it and it never hurt anything. It would quite doing it after a bit once it was warmed up, but I don't know how Cold it is for you but it would have to be like -20 at least for it to do that. If I plugged it in it would never do this even at our -50 Canadian winters.

·
6.4 Stroker
147 Posts
My old truck 08 did the samething with my bully dog tuner but only when cold too. I never fixed it I had 107,000Km on it and it never hurt anything. It would quite doing it after a bit once it was warmed up, but I don't know how Cold it is for you but it would have to be like -20 at least for it to do that. If I plugged it in it would never do this even at our -50 Canadian winters.
Mine will do it at around 35*F or under, and it also smokes a good bit. It didn't used to do it, but like I said no codes whatsoever to indicate a problem. So.... :confused:

·
GOT WOOD!!!!
648 Posts
Mine will do it at around 35*F or under, and it also smokes a good bit. It didn't used to do it, but like I said no codes whatsoever to indicate a problem. So.... :confused:
Ya i have a block heater in mine and if i plug it in when it is cold it will not do it. And like you said there is no codes when it did it, so i don't know but i would just make sure i plugged it in when it was getting cold....

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i say cold i'm talking south texas and louisiana weather at around 35-40degrees haha.

it did it this morning being 34degrees.

·
Fierro Racing
1,509 Posts
when i say cold i'm talking south texas and louisiana weather at around 35-40degrees haha.

im seeing this at my work (class 8 trucks) loping at idle when cold.
have to change pramaters in the mcm (ecm)
just a thought maybe?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

ive heard of this with alot of 6.4s tuned. i know when mine goes into high idle (at similar temps) in stage 1 and 2 it never lopes 3 and 4 it lopes pretty good. its nothing i would go to the shop for. just the nature of the beast!:ford:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts