Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 F250 6.0 , That's been to a couple different shops with no luck at all . First things was all my problems started after we switch the oil cooler . After that I kept getting a ICP code so I switched it and the pigtail as well . So then I started to notice when I left for work after about driving 5-10 miles it would fall flat on its face . No smoke at all or engine light . I could pull over turn the truck off for litterly 15 seconds . Start it right back up and it wouldn't act up again till the next morning . After a few days it kept getting worse till finally it just quit on the highway ,After letting it cool off some it made it home

I have tried the following Hot shot fuel treatment per directions
and a very small amount of hot shots stiction eliminator

Has any one had a similar problems
Speedometer Gauge Automotive design Vehicle Steering part
, IM really at a lost Picture shows my foot through the floor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. Get FORScan scanning software for Fords (free) and an OBDII reader.

2. DO NOT throw parts at it . . . if you must, then make them Motorcraft parts. 7.3s are quite particular about their sensors.

3. Come back with the codes. Lots and lots of smart people here!

Welcome to PSN!
Yes its my buddys scanner from snap on , I forget the number nut it was a icp code 2285 I think he i remember right

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The original oil cooler leaked, and I did borrow my buddies scanner cause he has 12k for a scanner and I don’t lol . Yes the pigtail had two loose connections
Just seems odd it pretty much shuts down after it warms up, maybe a voltage issue ? Im close to Dayton Ohio. There isn’t really any diesel shops around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts