Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 6.0. After have 3 egr coolers replaced I decided I needed and egr delete. I found an egr spool and put it in the place of the egr valve and left the egr hooked to the wires and zip tied it up out of the way. When I did this the truck went from hitting 30 psi of boost to only hitting 20 psi of boost. So the local mechanic told me I must have pinched or cut an o-ring on the spool. So I took it back out and got new O-rings twice and still could not get above 20psi of boost. So I put the egr valve back in it and it went right back to 30psi. So I put the spool back in it and right back to only 20psi. So I had put the egr valve back in it and had the local mechanic put the block off plates on the egr cooler and it still wont do more than 20psi. Nobody I can find has any clue what could be causing this. I hope someone can help me out.

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
I don't think deleting the egr has anything to do with making boost. I'm not sure what the spool you speak of is or why you would put anything in place of the deleted egr. But I will suggest that a boost leak is what is keeping you from reaching max pressure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They make an aluminum spool that bolts in the top of the motor where the egr valve itself should go to delete the egr so you don't have to tear it down to the egr cooler to delete it. I have looked and had other people check it out and I cant find any boost leaks and if I take the egr delete out it boosts exactly like it should. It also causes the engine light to come on and the code that pops up says insufficient egr flow when i have a delete and nobody I've ever talked to has heard of this.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Yeah..., I've never seen or heard of this "spool" either. Just delete it the way everybody else does and tune out the EGR with a tuner. You won't have anymore EGR problems.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
DO you see any lack of performance when using the spool? Are you using any tuner to address the EGR delete?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I got rid of the spool and put a regular egr delete and that didn't make any difference but no I don't have a programmer to reprogram it to run without the egr everyone I had talked to said I didn't need one on those trucks I have a hypertech programmer but it doesn't make any difference with the egr.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I have read where others have noticed a loss of boost pressure after an EGR delete. Just a guess, but turbo drive pressures are higher than the boost pressure. You get your extra pressure because your EGR is opening and adding to your boost pressure. Higher pressure is not always better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts