Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Romans 1:16
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a loose drivers side mirror. The top (larger) mirror falls down no matter what I do. Is there anyway to fix it? It makes it a little difficult to check blind spots and such. I look in it and all I can see is the ground around my back tire.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I would think its easier to just change them out. They arent very expensive, or you could upgrade to an 08 mirror, most people on here seem to like them more.

·
Romans 1:16
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think its easier to just change them out. They arent very expensive, or you could upgrade to an 08 mirror, most people on here seem to like them more.
Do you have to do any modification to change them out? I would prefer the 08 mirror anyways. I currently have power mirrors. Would I have to adapt, or are they the same connectors?

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
You would need to wire in the parking lamp, turn signal light and heated mirror. It's not too difficult. I upgraded to the '04 style. I'm not sure if the '08 uses the same rectangular plug or not, speaking of which you would need the trailer tow mirrors to have the same plug as the upgrade '04 style. The small standard mirror uses a different plug.

There's a write up somewhere on how to do it. I did mine a little differently and salvaged some pins from a wreck and added them to the plug so I can switch out the mirror easily if needed.

·
Registered
616 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts