Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a BTS converter and bts built trans. the converter has been replaced several times for broken sprags and such that squealed.

Now when i am in either Park or Neutral it sounds like theres somthing loose in the TC, not real loud like the older 99's and all that were real loud, this is def noticable. Truck also lugs down in reverse, like TC is locking and sometimes stalls the engine.

Few other symptoms that may relate is, pulsing driving, engine isnt pulsin rpms and engine tone stays the same but the truck seems to do it, its there, but isnt too noticable unless you pay attention - also has a tiny shimmy sometimes at a steady throttle, not much but sometimes - also has a little (rattle) noise driverside near back of enigne bay it sounds like that i havnt found yet.

The TC is what im really clueless about.

Any Ideas?

Thanks Guys!

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Hey now donlt jinx my 99...
Marble sounds usually make me think tc

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Go straight to bts something is eating your converter, infact there have been a few of these
Posts in the last year or so..sounds like there was a bad batch of pi's

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would a bad converter cause a pulse in throttle?

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
if the TC is not staying fully locked i would say yes..it would be like slipping a clutch in a hand shaker..

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hm, your right, i never thought that. if the tc wasnt fully staying locked. like momentary.

it stalls in reverse and ive noticed takes a few extra seconds to engage into gear.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
My buddies BTS trans had the Same issue. His TC rattled for a couple of years. His trans finally puked the center bearing last month. His new trans is silent and smooth.

·
blame the dog..
1,945 Posts
Hm, your right, i never thought that. if the tc wasnt fully staying locked. like momentary.

it stalls in reverse and ive noticed takes a few extra seconds to engage into gear.
at risk of overstating the obvious, you did check the fluid level, right?
I mean, that's not going to explain the rattle, but it could explain the reverse stall and the slow engagement

1 - 11 of 11 Posts