Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the ol girl has been leaking diesel into the valley and out the back for over a week now and its so hard to tell where it was coming from. So I went ahead and replaced all the rubber hoses and thought for sure that was the problem as all of them were cracked and dry. Well nope! so that leaves pretty much one option right? fuel pump? I planed on e fuel down the road when I go to 238/100s but now I have to.

So here is the question..... which company has the best yet simple kit with good instructions? they all seem about the same price. I want the bowl gone and want to retain both tanks so im not looking full bore competition set up.

Ready set go!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Build your own. It's well documented on the web. I'm into mine for less than $300.
What did you use for filter heads/filters?

Thanks, Brad.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Pre filter is built into the HFCM from a 6.0 PSD that I used (pump/pre filter/water separator in one unit).

Post pump filter is a Baldwin 10 micron (I think) on a standard filter head. Got em at fleetfilter.com

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
judging by the amount of fuel im leaking I don't think I have time to track down everylittle odd and end I need to build my own e-fuel kit.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought the Beans kit.

Installed in about 4/6 hours.

For me personally...it was worth the extra money to take a box up to my truck and have 100% of everything I needed right there and not have to dick around with 50 million different parts from every hardware store/FLAPS in the tri county area....

Maybe I have more money than brains as I'm sure others will point out...

It's just my .02

My time is worth more than chasing wild geese....

Dan

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
50 million parts from every hardware store/FLAPS? Exaggerate much? :D

I made one trip which included a stop at NAPA, 30 minutes in a junkyard (wanted my wiring all in the stock underhood fuse/relay box), and a stop at a hydraulics shop for a fitting. Everything else came to me via UPS and FedEx from three vendors and one private individual.

It's all in the preparation, which isn't that hard with the info that's all over the internet on this swap.

·
Registered
195 Posts
50 million parts from every hardware store/FLAPS? Exaggerate much? :D

I made one trip which included a stop at NAPA, 30 minutes in a junkyard (wanted my wiring all in the stock underhood fuse/relay box), and a stop at a hydraulics shop for a fitting. Everything else came to me via UPS and FedEx from three vendors and one private individual.

It's all in the preparation, which isn't that hard with the info that's all over the internet on this swap.
Maybe a little....like maybe a million times more than anyone else <LOL>

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought the Beans kit.

Installed in about 4/6 hours.

For me personally...it was worth the extra money to take a box up to my truck and have 100% of everything I needed right there and not have to dick around with 50 million different parts from every hardware store/FLAPS in the tri county area....

Maybe I have more money than brains as I'm sure others will point out...

It's just my .02

My time is worth more than chasing wild geese....

Dan
See im on the same page as you. Id of built my own e fuel but with all the parts chasing ordering from a million different places and then trying to piece it all together with pages I print off this website it just seems like it would be more worth me time to buy kit. How do you like the beans kit? any issues?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
strictly diesel is the kit I"m going with. OBS race set up

·
Registered
195 Posts
See im on the same page as you. Id of built my own e fuel but with all the parts chasing ordering from a million different places and then trying to piece it all together with pages I print off this website it just seems like it would be more worth me time to buy kit. How do you like the beans kit? any issues?
I like it.

It went in without a hitch.

The only complaint is the same that others have said - and I knew it going in so it doesn't really bother me....but...the pump is a tad noisy.

That can be remedied by wrapping in it a bicycle innertube or some such thing..I just haven't gotten to it as again..it doesn't really bug me.

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts