Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was thinking of buy this truck off craigslist but it seems to have some sort of problem Its states what ptoblems they are have. Anyone know what would cause that? Thanks for any help anyone can give me. Heres the ad 1996 Ford F250

Tim

·
Sponsor
934 Posts
Well I was thinking of buy this truck off craigslist but it seems to have some sort of problem Its states what ptoblems they are have. Anyone know what would cause that? Thanks for any help anyone can give me. Heres the ad 1996 Ford F250

Tim
Sounds like an IDM issue, but that is a swag since thats not much info.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
For 1100, dont you think even if worst came to worst, parting it you would make that back plus some.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I would be all over that like white on rice. It is probably the IDM, UVCH, or wiring harness issue but it could just be that the HPOP resevoir is low on oil. In other words it should be a fairly easy fix.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
yea i would say go for it.. sounds like an easy fix like everyone has been saying. and i would also say that it has been well broke in with 390K miles on it lol

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts
I would be all over that like white on rice. It is probably the IDM, UVCH, or wiring harness issue but it could just be that the HPOP resevoir is low on oil. In other words it should be a fairly easy fix.
I'm thinkin wiring harness or IDM.definately worth gettin, like said above, its worth it even if you end up parting it out, worst case.offer 'em 900 or so

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
for that price its hard to go wrong,although i had to cringe a little bit when starting fluid was mentioned.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Yep, deal like that aint gonna be around very long.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
yeah from what he told me was that it was for sale for a while due to the problems.

whats your budget ? I know there are some deals in michigan auto & rv book that I get every week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts