Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying this truck. It will be my first Ford and first Diesel. How does the desrcibed truck sound? Is there any thing I should keep an eye out for or to avoid?

1999 F-350 4WD Crew Cab Super duty 7.3 Powerstroke diesel
Excelent condition
The new body style

This is a F350 with the 7.3 Powerstroke diesel (most reliable Ford Diesel)
Not over done, like a monster truck, but with practical upgrades like
rear airbags and upgraded springs.

ONLY 125k miles
6 speed ZF6 manual transmision (Maximum fuel economy and control)
Power seat
Power window
remote power lock
Non Smoking truck.
Custom black wheel flairs
Custom black bed top rim cover
bug deflector
Newer Clutch
Air back rear suspension
Newer shocks
Upgraded springs front and rear
Mild 2" lift
superchip performance chip set for towing capability/econonmy
Well maintained
Maintenance records
custom wheels
Newer Toyo tires 285/75/16 LOAD E
Manual/Auto hubs
Fifth wheel hitch included
Awesome chrome heavy duty side step
Cab running lights

Only one small flaw above tailgate handle

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds like a nice truck.
The first thing that turns me off when looking at a used truck is a lift and big tires.
However since he isn't running big tires, and they are the correct load range, I'd be inclined to say that it isn't going to be a problem.
As long as it doens't wander because of the 2" lift, I'd say go for it. What are you paying for that pony???

·
Davey B
930 Posts
Sounds pretty decent depending on the price and the actual condition of it. Mechanically it sounds solid though

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is asking 17900.00. It is the only 6 speed I can find in washington forsale. The truck appears to be in good condition. But I will check it out and also take it to a shop to have them check it out

·
Registered
222 Posts
I see it on WA craigslist.
I bought one 2 weeks ago, and looked all over the place. I would have called on that truck as it looks to be a nice rig, however, I would have felt him out on his price before I wasted my time looking. If that truck had mileage in the 70's it would be sold for $15-$16k in 1 day, but with 125 it is only worth $14k tops in good condition.

I called a guy with an 02 lariat 6speed and 72k miles, he wanted $21k, I felt him out and would have given $17 if it was in the right condition. I didn't even go look at it as it had a cracked windshield, and scratches admitted by owner, which is o.k., but he was also adiment about his price.

It's your money, your decision but advice says that truck is priced way too high.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought a 99 stroke about a month and a half ago with 160k but perfect condition with the 6spd for ten five here in MO. I would keep searching if you want the wheels and lift you can do that to a stock truck and still be money ahead. That stuff does not actually make that truck worth anymore!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont care about the wheels and lift I just want a lariat 6 speed crewcab long bed 4x4 that is the only one I have found thus far.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oak Harbor but I can travel for the right truck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i bought my 2000 f-350 lariet a year ago for $7,000. i live in pa and it was all stock with a automatic, and 138,000 miles. as you can see it has come a long way, but i did all the mods and just did the 6 speed tranny swap a month ago, and i still son't have $18,000 in it. keep looking. you'll find one cheaper, don't settle for the first one you see. good luck

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I think you can do a lot better. While that seems like a nice truck, you can save money shopping around. It all depends on what kind of time frame you have. Plus I think the seats looks a little gay.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I talked with him and told him what you guys said. I told him his price was very high. I said if he was firm on the price I would walk. He seemed like he would go down. He told me he wanted to sell it fast so he could buy a Excersion. What do you guys think a fair price would be. He also said he would pull out the 5th wheel hitch. I can find new interior. I also found this truck:1999 F-350 Super Duty. 7.3L Power Stroke V8. Long Bed. Snug Top Canopy

·
Registered
226 Posts
i would agree with the other guys that the truck should be closer to 14k, the last truck you posted looks super clean and priced somewhat reasonable imo, even tho its an auto there are plenty of guys on here that have done the 6 speed swap

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jordy, are you dead set on a manual? A valve body from BTS would make the tranny hold up pretty well.
I really like them. It is all I have ever owned. How much is a valve body?

·
Registered
222 Posts
#2 looks like a nice truck as well, but priced too high.
These trucks are a dime a dozen with higher mileage, and though rare to find one that is in great shape (both of those look to be excellent condition) in the pictures, who knows what it will look like when you see it in person.

You should first pursue #1 since that is what you want, tell him over the phone that you have cash and your buying but before you fly out, you need to know his lowest number as you don't want to waste your time.

#2 is close, and if the exterior is in great condition then $12k-13k should grab it. If it has dents/scratches then its a $10k truck.

Check Boise, and Sacramento, Reno craigslist. Do you need a f350 or will a F250 do?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts