Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 7.3 a few days ago and I am looking to buy a 6.4 within the next few weeks test drove one today and loved it plenty of power for what I do and need it for but I wasn't impressed with the fuel mileage it was geting even doing 70mph down the highway what it the pros and cons of these truck and common issues and things to look for while looking at the trucks

·
Registered
406 Posts
get an oasis report for it where are you buying it from a dealer ? or private does it have any mods done to it ?? if its a bone stock truck delete the egr and the dpf and get a tuner your truck will last alot longer fuel milage will be a little better but nothing outragously better

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its from a dealer It's a bone stock 2wd truck 112k miles king ranch looks fantastic but I'm gonna drive like 3hours to look at it so I wanna know what to look for

·
Registered
406 Posts
is it at a ford dealer ?? if it is ask for a oasis report before you buy it to see what warrenty work has been done on it and if there is any maintance records for it anywhere look for any leaks and check the oil and coolant to see if they are contaminated also ask for the latest flash on the computer for it as well if you buy it then its mod time

·
Registered
254 Posts
Make sure radiator isn't leaking, updated degas bottle, and Venturi T update.

If Radiator is leaking it should be leaking from bottom and on drivers side. Also make sure you get an Oasis report. If it is leaking get ready to spend 1500 on new radiator and updates. Don't buy the factory radiator. Go after market.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bought mine from a Toyota dealer in TX. They said everything was good for my drive back to MI. When I got back and had oil changed they said it looked like mud. Couple other things that led me to believe they weren't familiar with diesels - duh right? Other than that they were great to work with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts