Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a TS chip but dont know much about them! This is my first post here. I love my 01 7.3 it has a 5''exhaust and putting on a cold air intake on friday!
Does TS come in something else than the 6 or do they make others like a 4 :ford:

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Yea they make what ever you want...but 6 is as high as they go..A great place to get one and some awesome tunes are from is http://www.trucksourcediesel.com/
He is one of our sponsors.. He burns the old style TS chips. I assure you, you will like it much better than a generic TS chip.
Dennis Perry writes generic programs?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am new to the chip thing and I was looking at like stock,high idel,50and75.When it comes to high idel my truck does this all ready!but if I chip it up will it still do it if I dont get high idel?

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
No he doesn't I like his stuff alot, but I know he does alot of general stuff, Correct me if I'm wrong...I had a TS in before the DP and sometimes I wish I still had it.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no Idea,when its cold my truck high ideas around 1 1/2 rpms I bought my truck used in 2007 and its me first diesel! there is no switch in the truck I can see anyway

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Oh yea, I forgot about that sorry.. That's the EBPV exhaust back pressure valve, its a valve that closed on the back side of the turbo to help warm the truck up when its cold by putting more of a load on it.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Yes it will, I know some guys use it when their trucks just sit there running for extended periods. I use it to charge up the alt while we're parked listening to the radio and while I'm jumping somebody, some people use it to warm their trucks up if they have gutted and plugged the EBPV.

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
I'm not to hot on the price of turbos, but you can search around. I was just looking on ebay and found some pretty decent ones. Go check out performance under the classifeds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.