Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which wire/color of the accessory wire from the ignition switch? I have a relay I need to power off of the accessory side of the ignition , it`s to my new dvd stereo? Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
theres a yellow and red one under the dash going into a plug thats not plugged into anything that i get the power from for my guages,

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I`m needing the accessory wire the is powered when you turn the key backwards. I have a kenwood dvd headunit I`m hooking up and I bought a relay off ebay the you wire into the accessory wire not the ignition or battery to fol the dvd into playing when the truck is moving.

·
6.0beau
282 Posts
find the wiring harness going into the steering column and use a test light or a voltmeter and test the wires. i believe it is yellow.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bowfast:

·
PSN's resident Blue Man
238 Posts
For the accessory position, you've got three choices at the ignition switch:

Grey/yellow stripe,
Red/Black stripe,
Blue/Lt. Green stripe.

Any one of those will work for you. I'm going off your sig that you've got a 2002, right? The wire location and colors change from time to time, let me know if you have a different model year.

Bruce

1 - 6 of 6 Posts