Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6" lift now and i am looking to go another 4-5" with ladder bars.. Not really looking to spend alot more either.. This is it now..Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
If you stay under 9" then it is going to be cheaper... start going over 10-12 and it starts really costing $$ to do it right...

Contact the Pro... DCspecial.. or Marty at Truck Toyz!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
You have past the cheap point over 9". New shocks, swaybar links, crossover steering, brake hoses, high angle front drive shaft or indexing ring and crossmembe. The Sky rear flip is a great way to go. OR Fabtech makes a 3" drop. Plan on 2K+ to go up 4-5"

·
Registered
288 Posts
either do cut out fender flares and have a body shop put them on right or get your fenders "tucked and rolled" but a body shop. This way you keep the same suspension but make bigger openings in the fenders for larger meats, also you don't fall over in a stiff breeze.

micky

·
reluctant ford fan
127 Posts
Hadn’t heard of Sky before this, so thanks for the pointer! My X is currently lifted about 3” with front & rear springs. If I wanted to go up another 2”, Sky’s front hanger system would be an economical way to get there up front. In back, the X has the stock blocks which I believe are 2.5” or close to. Could I use Sky’s rear flip (+4.5”) and get rid of the stock blocks (-2.5”) to come up with a net of 2” lift in back, or are the blocks needed? Any reason I wouldn’t want to go this way?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
As mentioned, once you go over 9" of lift it starts to get pricey with the need for crossover steering, relocated trac bar setup, etc..

·
Registered
69 Posts
what about a 3" body lift or are body lifts not popular anymore? they are cheap. i personally don't like to see a lot of frame, which can come a long with a body lift. you could go 3" body, a 2" hanger in the front, and a 2" block or add-a-leaf in the rear. there you would have 4-5"s of lift. that would be cheap and you wouldn't have any driveline issues. i have 8"s of suspension on mine without any driveline issues. just wanted to throw my opion out there.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
unless you redo the ic piping you can't use a body lift. it's possible but after the redesigning and fab work it's cheaper just to do the sky shackle hangers for 4.5" and 4.5" rear shackle flip kit. that'd be your best option.

Chad

·
Registered
69 Posts
the body lifts from performance accesseroies come with brackets to keep the rad., and intercooler in the stock location. no modification there. some minor trimming to the shroud is possible on some models. you do have to cut and weld an extension on your shifter if it's a stick, thats about the only real modification you have to do. i've put body lifts on about 10 superdutys without a problem. alos with thoes 4.5 inch shackles in the front, you will get the height you want with them, but if your springs are already weak, they will flatten out and it will begin to sag again. those shackles will also change your pinion angle, but probably not enough to hurt anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts