Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. i just bought a 2007 F-250 with the 6.0 and just need some advise.
this is my second Ford diesel truck my other is a 97 with the 7.3. i need to know what all i should do to this truck. what all do you suggest doing? what exhaust intake programmer and other things should i do. thanks for the advise in advance

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Just about Any 4" or 5" exhaust will work. No real need for an intake stock filters and flows plenty for mild mods. For tuner SCT with custom tunes is the only way to go. Several custom tuners out there and I can get you any of this just pm or email me.

·
so many trees
281 Posts
id go into the search section first. this site has a ton of info.

first things i'd personally do would be studs, either egr delete or bulletproof egr. sct tunes, then intake and exhaust is really personal preference in my mind. then gauges

feel free to correct if i got anything wrong

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
1) Go to your local Ford service department ask for an OASIS report. (THis should be free and will give you any service work done by Ford dealers)
2) DRIVE the truck. It's not going to increase in valve.

How many miles on the truck??

·
Registered
69 Posts
:welcome:
What do you want out of it? DD, racing, do you tow anything, or just to have it last.... Studs are smart if you are going to put serious mods on it, but you can get mild tunes that are bolt safe and will still get you some performance. Like Heavy said, get an Oasis, you might already have some upgrades done under warranty.

·
Registered
646 Posts
:welcome: to :psn: Here's my list: Oil Cooler re-build, EGR Delete (you can do them at the same time) intake, Coolant filter, exhaust, Tuner, head studs, Upgraded Banjo's, Regultated return, you should be good from there to do further upgradeds ex: Injectors, turbo, Fuel system ect. But that will give you a solid foundation for reliablity at the least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts