Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv got a 2002 7.3 6 speed and iv got the 4inch turbo bach wit 6 in tip iv got the edge juice and a ts chip and i was wanting to look around and get one good chip thats good and wouldnt hurt it if i turned it all way up and man i bought truck from said he put a 6.0 intercooler cause there bigger than 7.3 is that true

·
Registered
391 Posts
yes thats true that the 6.0 intercooler is bigger and just get the ts chip you have re-tuned by one of the site sponsers like beans, swamps, [email protected], those are just a few cant really go wrong with any of these guys all have great tunes

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Almost every site sponsor on here can customize the TS chip to make it run a lot better.

Swamps, Gearhead, Diesel Innovations, Beans, etc. Read around and try someone out, they will all do good by you.

6.0 intercooler does flow more than the 7.3 cooler that you had. However the metal end caps on your 7.3 cooler will handle more overall boost.

Filling out your signature with all your mods will help everyone assist you with better info.

Oh yeah, :welcome: to the nation

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o ok i herd u could get the edge retunned to see on the edge i turned the smoke controlle up and it makes the motor rattle more and scare me i like have them both on wen i blow that black smoke lol

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
There's no need to run them both. Get the TS chip reburnt by a good tuner(listed above) and take the edge off. The rattle you hear is the injectors and probly way to much timing. That would scare me too

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
i like the edge cause of the egt and boost gauge
You could still run the monitor for the functionality of the gauges, while using the TS chip to modify the engine parameters.

There is NO comparison between the tunes on that edge box, and custom 7.3 tunes from one of the vendors.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
my buddy said dp had some good ones to but only went to like 140 i want at least 175 or more lol
If you want to be serious about the power;

1. Transmission
2. Injectors
3. Big Oil
4. Turbo
5. Tunes
6. Fuel System

You can do things in whatever order you like, but you throw much more at that stock tranny, and you'll be sitting on the side of the road blowing smoke at others as they drive by :poke:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
see thats wat that man said he didnt like edge cause u couldn tell a difference but the ts u can and ya right now its down with a smoked clutch he told me it had a centerforce dual friction but dont believe him cause i pulled a big skidsteer and slipped it a little and now it wont move lol and im not sure wat cluitch to run

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I would contact Bill at Power Hungry Performance (PHP). He was one of the main guys behind the edge evolution and he can reprogram it with custom tunes. His 6 spd tunes a silky smooth. My truck is much easier and smoother to shift than with my previous tunes. I highly recommend PHP for a 6psd and he can reprogram your evolution.
OOPS, just saw that you have th edge juice. I don't even know what that really is, but Bill should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had a truck on the dyno that had intake, exhaust and a Edge it Made about 260-280 HP on the top tune. on the same truck we put a chip with our custom tunes it made 330HP. this just shows that the custom chip is the way to go.;)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
PHP all the way. No offense to Swamps, who based on all the amazing customer service they provide and great reviews, would be my next choice. But I can tell you, my truck drives much better with my php tunes. The power is linear, which makes shifting much smoother than the previous tunes. Plus he uses the TS style chip, enabling you to try another vendor if you choose.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wat would be the best for me i was told mine had the dual friction centerforce but i was pullin a skid steer and slipped it and since then slipped now it smoked i looked at one of centerforces clutch they got one to hold up to 1200ft/lbs of torque for 1300 and thought bout gettin it i just need a good clutch to hold my programmers and wen i want to pull equipment

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.