Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I am looking for some help. I had a 2002 F-250 7.3 I loved this truck, it was a great truck, with no real issues, I owned it since it was 2 years old. Well, We where in Tulsa Ok, the other day, walked out and it was gone. Some Jerk stole it. Now I am shopping for a new/newer truck. But since getting my truck where I wanted it, I have not stayed in the Diesel loop so to speak. So, I have been asking around, but trust this Forum more! I have heard the 6.0's are really good if they have been Deleted & Bulletproofed. What is this, how can I tell if this has been done, If it has not, what am I looking at as to cost?

Have heard the 6.4's are junk. Is this true?

The 7.3 are said to be a Million mile motor... If taken care of. Am I going to get the same from the 6.0 or 6.4?

Any advise as I am looking?

Thank to any that can help!!

·
PSN Troublemaker
1,879 Posts
I'd say to avoid both and try to get a 6.7 if your budget will allow it. The 6.7's are worlds better than the previous engines. With the 6.7, the biggest thing to look for is making sure the fuel system was properly maintained.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey! Sorry for your loss. Did you call the police?

Maybe it's a little late, but have you bought a truck yet?

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,847 Posts
Bump! @jqcsteve Steve I see you're in Cushing OK, i'm in OKC! anyway, there's a shop in Stillwater called Outlaw Diesel https://www.outlawdieseloffroad.com/ ... if you wind up with a used 6.0 or 6.4 diesel that the seller claims to have bulletproofed, you could let these guys take a quick look and they'll tell you what you need to know. i haven't used them, but i hear people raving about them! if they were closer to me, i'd probably have already let them go through mine.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,847 Posts
Anyway, what do you think of this 6.2L V-8 2016 250XL ?

i'm seriously considering that truck in a crew cab config for my next purchase, XL with 6.2 gas motor & 4wd if i can find a clean one when mine bites it lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts