Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Got Diesel?
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some more power, the chip that I have is getting out dated and it is time to get some power out of this 7.3 any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
your 02 has powdered metal connecting rods, as opposed to the forged rods found in the 94-early 01 motors. these rods are not as strong and are subject to breaking under moderate stress. nitrous and propane both drastically raise your cylinder pressures, thus putting a lot more stress on the rods. if you MUST keep the nitrous, i would recommend you have a custom tuned chip with a program specifically made to run the nitrous, with VERY little timing advance. actually, i would recommend a custom tuned chip reguardless, as it in itself would be a drastic improvement over your current edge.

·
Got Diesel?
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
your 02 has powdered metal connecting rods, as opposed to the forged rods found in the 94-early 01 motors. these rods are not as strong and are subject to breaking under moderate stress. nitrous and propane both drastically raise your cylinder pressures, thus putting a lot more stress on the rods. if you MUST keep the nitrous, i would recommend you have a custom tuned chip with a program specifically made to run the nitrous, with VERY little timing advance. actually, i would recommend a custom tuned chip reguardless, as it in itself would be a drastic improvement over your current edge.
Thanks for the tip, no i don't care if i keep the nitrous, it could go to. it starts to get expensive refilling everything. I would rather build the motor up with the money I would save.

·
Edumacted
171 Posts
I would suggest DP Tuner, Tony Wildman, or Diesel Innovations. I personally run a DP but have heard alot of good about TW and DI.

·
Registered
105 Posts
2pages worth and finally someone answered the guys question LOL. Any of those 3 tuners and I will add swamps to the list also . You will be happy with any of them

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.