Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 f250 that i have had for about 8-9 mounth snow. it is the first diesel i have had. since i got it i have installed a 4'' down pipe with 5'' exhaust, PHP phenex chip, 6637 filter, Riff Raff ocr, and getting ready to install an air dog fp-150 and glow shifts 3 in 1 gauge. i have done some reading but dont know exactly witch rout to go. i was also wondering if i can delete my fuel bowl seeing that i am installing the air dog. if so how. any info would be awsome. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered Swamps 200/30 injectors and their chip. With the mods in my sig I am told I should be about 425+hp. I drive mine daily. Will see how it goes in about a week. I'm waiting verrrrry impatiently for Swamps to come back from vacation on the 3rd.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read somewhere that 165cc/100% injectors with 38r turbo and bigger oil but don't know who or what to go with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was told by Swamps. There is no need for a high pressure oil pump or fuel pump upgrade with 160/100 or 200/30 injectors. I was looking at the 160/100 and Swamps talked me into the 200/30 instead.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
for 450 i would do 238/80 and a 38r. if you can send the air dog back send it back and get a regulated return. stock fuel pump will support 450

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
i have a 2000 f250 that i have had for about 8-9 mounth snow. it is the first diesel i have had. since i got it i have installed a 4'' down pipe with 5'' exhaust, PHP phenex chip, 6637 filter, Riff Raff ocr, and getting ready to install an air dog fp-150 and glow shifts 3 in 1 gauge. i have done some reading but dont know exactly witch rout to go. i was also wondering if i can delete my fuel bowl seeing that i am installing the air dog. if so how. any info would be awsome. thanks in advance.
The airdog goes in between the tank and pump so you will need another filter after the pump just in case. Leave the bowl in. It will support 500+hp.

Leave your HPOP alone for now, drop in a 38r, some stage II hybrids and your there. Update tune as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So do I keep the air dog or send it back? Everyone I talked to told me to get it but most of my friends have cummins. Also if I did hybrid injectors or any for that matter I think I should do an hpop. I have 225,000 miles on my stock one. The air dog was a x-mas gift and think I am just going to keep it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sig?

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
Signature, the air dog has reliability issues, i wouldn't run one. Hell you can make 450 with 160/100's you just got to have a hot hpop and turbo. 238/80 and a 38r is easier imo

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what do I need to do to reach my goal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
38R and stage 2 injectors.

·
Registered
857 Posts
just go with the injectors and turbo like they said. i would think a hpop would help too, but may not be necessary.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
who's injectors do you all recomend? swamps, full force, hybrids?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
458 Posts
do a search on the forum. use hybrid, big oil, swamps, full force... anything you think you might want to use as a search phrase. read up on everything, after reading for about 3 days (thats how long I was at it before i posted) you should be pretty well informed.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
With any of those injector combos you will need a minimum of q better torque converter and valve body...or clutch. 238or 250 injectors will easily get you there..and can break 500
..hypermax stage2 will as well. Personally I like rosewood, beans, and swamps injectors.
A better hpop prob is not needed but will improve things usually. Nothing wrong with an air dog 150 , it will not gain any hp but may increase life of your fuel injectors

·
Caution! May Blow Smoke
270 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the help. I think I will call swamps and php today and see what they say.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts