Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I'm seriously looking at selling my truck, my brothers probably buying it off me so at least it'll stay in the family.

I'm looking for a cc sb 7.3 4x4 I'm not looking for a truck on here, what I'm looking for is advice I know the early 99s were different tho I don't know how? And I also know some years had pmr's I don't know which??? Basically I'm curious what year is the best year for me to buy I'm gonna be spending some money I'm looking for around 400-500hp area, lookin at injectors,turbo,exhaust,intake,studs,springs,tunes,gauges and a bts, my current truck is a standard which I love but it gets old... I drive my truck everyday all over the place I'm a oilfield consultant so the truck sees a lot of km and I'd prefer to switch to an auto so ill do it once and put a BTS in it.
The rest is kinda up in the air, turbo...38r, injectors..250/100 swamps, swamps tunes and a stealth stage 2 Hpop, studs spring u know the rest. I kinda think I'm headed in the right track and I don't care if it don't make 500hp I got a 600hp car for fun, I just want the truck to be reliable is my main concern, I'm not easy on my vechiles and it sees a lot of driving, thanks for the help guys! :psn:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
2001 they started with PMR's...

Early 99's had different turbo, 15* HPOP, AB split shot injectors, no AIH... That's about it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
There is also a few small things in the suspension that are different on some early 99's

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I have an e99 and love it BUT had I known then what I know now I would want a 99.5 or 2000. A little easier to upgrade to what you say you want.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Powder Metal Rod=pmr

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Some 2000s had PMRs and some 2001s have forged.

Ford tried a trial run in 2000 of PMR and ran out of materials I believe so the forged rods went in for a bit in 01.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dieselboy is right.. my 2001 has forged rods- been verified through the inspection hole. Can't always rely on the year of the truck.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Good oil, 250cc/100's, and a 38r will for sure get you 500rwhp. I hit 496 on Beans mail order tunes... then live tuned 545rwhp.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Depends on the deal you find,
Early 99 with a d66, better yet an h2e or qssb.
99.5-2000 a gt38r will drop in..though imho the qssb and h2e are better.
Find a smoking deal on an 02-3 etc, you can do a short block with better parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts