Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at an 07 F350 SRW xlt with 150 k on the clock. The Oasis says it had an EGR replaced and a fan clutch, with no other reports listed to 100k. This is a one owner truck that was traded in for an 11 I can get it for a steal but I want to make sure I'm not buying problems I've heard and read all the horror stories about the 6.0. It has a auto tranny which I don't like but could live with. What do you all think I need to act or this thing is gonna be gone.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
6.0 =trouble

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I am affraid of, the wife want me to get something newer since I totaled the truck listed in my sig. So that means no 7.3 I have to choose between a 6.0 or go to a dodge those are my choices and I have to make it quick she is getting ready to go out of town for a month and I will have no vehicle. Also i will be deleting the EGR asap but head studs might take a while to do, should the heads be fine as long as I don't do any power adders like a tuner just keeping it stock for now.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i have had my 6.0 for a year and a half and my dad has had his since 04 and they have been great trucks for both of us. personally i think its how you treat the trucks on how reliable they are

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know nothing about the auto trannys, are they good for pulling, i know they wont be like the 6 speed but are will they stay alive for a long time?

·
Banning Smut
19,091 Posts
My brother owns two. An 04 6.0 X (100k miles) and a 07 f250 6.0 (64k miles). The Ex has been in twice for EGR and recently had to have the radiator replaced. The F250 has only been in once for a problem with some fitting related to the HPOS. (wouldnt build oil pressure)

Keep in mind....both are stock HP wise. No power adders of any kind. I really dont think that is too bad of a batting average....

If the only issue with that truck is EGR related and a fan clutch....it should be fine.

The Auto transmission will be just fine for towing. Heads will be fine with no power adders.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks that is what i'm hoping for, I plan on the egr delete asap then save for the headstuds just as a precautionary. Are there any differences between the 03-04 and 06-07 6.0's also are there any other problems with 6.0s that i should address?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts