Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can people post pics of their setups and any info?

I want stainless 4", nice tip nice tip, single exit, turbo back and good fitting. I'd like the cat to be able to be put back in if possible emissions wise and keep the cab noise to a minimum. So far been looking at Magnaflow and MBRP.

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
i have the MBRP 4" turbo back. It isnt to annoyingly loud unless you hop on it,then it is a 'good' loud IMO. If you just Youtube the exhaust name and try a couple different 'keywords', you'll get some video results so you can listen and see for yourself

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I'm quite happy with my Magnaflow kit, it even came with all the piping for running the cat (adapters) and for no cat. I went with the mid grade stainless just for the rust protection. Its rusted up a bit but nothing other than surface rust.

Magnaflow has more of a tight to the tire side exit look, while MBRP sort of sweeps towards the rear corner.

I went with a MBRP dual walled 6" tip on mine and seems next to a 35" tire the tip actually doesn't look all that big, my only dislike for it is that its only 12" long which makes it seem pretty short for its overall diameter. Might want to check out the Black Chrome tips that Silverline makes, but they might not go together with the whole look of your truck since its more on the bright side.

cab noise isn't bad with mine unless you really romp on it but thats also with the cat removed, with the cat in its hard to notice much of a difference in sound until your up over 2500rpm and working it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm quite happy with my Magnaflow kit, it even came with all the piping for running the cat (adapters) and for no cat. I went with the mid grade stainless just for the rust protection. Its rusted up a bit but nothing other than surface rust.

Magnaflow has more of a tight to the tire side exit look, while MBRP sort of sweeps towards the rear corner.

I went with a MBRP dual walled 6" tip on mine and seems next to a 35" tire the tip actually doesn't look all that big, my only dislike for it is that its only 12" long which makes it seem pretty short for its overall diameter. Might want to check out the Black Chrome tips that Silverline makes, but they might not go together with the whole look of your truck since its more on the bright side.

cab noise isn't bad with mine unless you really romp on it but thats also with the cat removed, with the cat in its hard to notice much of a difference in sound until your up over 2500rpm and working it.

remember which kit it was? I know Ive asked before too...any pics?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
remember which kit it was? I know Ive asked before too...any pics?
I don't really have any direct exhaust pics but maybe I could snap some after work tonight.

Here is the best I can find for now though

Here is the cat with the supplied adapters to go to the 4" downpipe and then up to the 5" exhaust, the kit included these adapters and all the piping to remove the cat too,

This is the kit I got, its 5" single with their base stainless, doesn't include a tip, takes a little trimming to get the tip to tuck under the truck right and goes together pretty easy. MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust I think I paid just over $700 for it including the $99 for the MBRP tip.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
$700???? Holy mess that's expensive! I'm getting my MBRP 4" exhaust with muffler and cat delete for $260 shipped!

·
Word
608 Posts
I've got the MBRP 4" Turbo back exhaust with the CAT deleted....smooth easy install, quality welds and fitment....any brand name exhaust company is gonna give you a good product, your biggest concern with an aftermarket diesel exhaust should be fitment and finish..ie...flange welds..etc...They're all pretty much 4 or 5 inch tubing from the turbo back, just you pay a little more for quality welds and fitment...

·
Word
608 Posts
My truck has an engine out of a 2004 and my turbo has a modified compressor wheel....it's insane how loud the whistle is...my friends 04 whistles but mine is louder at idle than his under a load and we have the same exhaust....I need to post video of this 737 sounding exhaust...

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
3,067 Posts
Check out PTP, they have a nice selection. I didn't want bling exhaust so I went with aluminized exhaust that I scuffed up and shot black, it's been holding up great.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
$700???? Holy mess that's expensive! I'm getting my MBRP 4" exhaust with muffler and cat delete for $260 shipped!
That was rounding up and it was 2 years ago but pretty sure thats what it was. It was $200 more than the MBRP 5" kit and I don't think that one came with the cat delete pipe or the adapters for using the cat, I would have had to spec the exhaust for one way and order the other parts. Then also the MBRP wasn't offered in stainless at the time for the 5" kit only aluminized.

If I wanted to go cheap I coulda just had the stock 3.5" pipe straight piped at an exhaust shop and put a tip on it to dress it up. If you think that $700 is sticker shock then check out the price for 4" dual kits with T304 stainless some of them are up over $1,000

Check out PTP, they have a nice selection. I didn't want bling exhaust so I went with aluminized exhaust that I scuffed up and shot black, it's been holding up great.
thats a sweet option right there, I probably woulda done the same but never thought of it. Only reason I went with stainless was cause I didn't want the exhaust to rot off the truck with the new england salt/sand winters.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had a MBRP 4" turbo back with the supplied muffler in my 99 with the cat removed, I loved the sound I couldn't hear it driving down the road with the windows up but If I got in the skinny pedal or cracked the window it had a great sound. I will go with a MBRP in my 07 but a 5" this time. The MBRP fitment was perfect I removed and installed the new exhaust in my driveway by myself in less than 2hrs and you cant beat the price. just my .02

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just did a kit from farmboysdiesel.com. 475 shipped for a 5" aluminized kit with cat and muffler delete and a 7" tip. I have a 4" lift and 35s and the tip looks right. The sound is amazing and its not loud at all in the cab with the windows up. I'll post pictures when I get home from work.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just did a kit from farmboysdiesel.com. 475 shipped for a 5" aluminized kit with cat and muffler delete and a 7" tip. I have a 4" lift and 35s and the tip looks right. The sound is amazing and its not loud at all in the cab with the windows up. I'll post pictures when I get home from work.
great thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.