Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says looking to buy a 40-47" tv this weekend. I don't know jack about them. The budget I need to stay within is $700 otd and would prefer 600-650 otd. What kind of tv should I get? Led, lcd, plasma.... 60hrtz/ 120hrtz I will spec that 1080p is a must though. I've been reading up on tvs and from my research it pretty much leaves you with one type never being a hands down winner. The best buy guy was leading me twards a plasma and trying to upsell a calibration service and how wonderful it was. How it was nessisary on all yvs but espoecially on the plasma. I really have not a clue which brands to buy and which to avoid... What to get etc can yall help me or point me in a direction?

·
Horsepower Enthusiast
370 Posts
LED is the way to go if you can swing it.

I bought a new tv recently and the Best Buy guys I dealt with said that the plasma stuff is way outdated and the LCD tv's have to use a hotter bulb that "washes out" over time and needs replacement earlier than the LED ones.

I went with a Sharp, picture quality is great (I never really know just how bad my cable service was untill I got this thing LOL) and it was a decent price for the size.

Also with most flatscreens having speakers in the back the sound can be a little muffled, I ended up getting a Samsung soundbar with a remote wireless sub pretty cheap and it really doesn't sound bad at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts