Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to upgrade from my F150 to a diesel. I have found an 05 SWB F350 4x4 XLT for $15,000. I know the truck and it's been taken care of. It has the EGR delete, all new injectors, superchips programmer and I am 90% sure new head studs. It has 160,000 miles, 5 speed, extended cab long bed. Tires have 500 miles on them. I pull a Travel trailer at around 7,000 lbs loaded up, 2040 john deere tractor and sometimes a bobcat. Sound like a decent deal? I am a little nervous about the 6.0 to be honest.

·
Registered
59 Posts
get rid of that superchips and get ya an SCT with custom tunes, if you have an EGR delete and studs that a great start, also you may way to check and see if the ECT and the EOT are less than 15 degrees difference. You can see the studs on the heads if you look at the bottom of the head if its a nut on top its studded if its a bolt then you have stock head bolts. other than sounds pretty decent for the price.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
"Looking at a 6.0."

and thats about as far as you should go with it...

·
Registered
205 Posts
haha CTC, but IMO that is too much, I would pay that for a crewcab lariat not an excab xlt :psn:

·
Certified Engine Destroye
533 Posts
get rid of that superchips and get ya an SCT with custom tunes, if you have an EGR delete and studs that a great start, also you may way to check and see if the ECT and the EOT are less than 15 degrees difference. You can see the studs on the heads if you look at the bottom of the head if its a nut on top its studded if its a bolt then you have stock head bolts. other than sounds pretty decent for the price.
Medicman: looks like that ass needs some doctoring. Send those nice ladies this way and ill tell you when the doctor is in. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So are these engines as bad as they are said to be?

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
The engine is only as bad as the guy maintaining it and the tech working on it.

The 6.0 is a great engine as long as you work it and change the oil regularly using a quality synthetic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts