Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im looking at picking up a 2008 Super Duty it has 65000 mileson it and I was wondering about the 6.4L engine, whether it has a history of problems or not and also what to look for. Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
cant go wrong !!!! make sure you check the tranny dip stick they had a recall on them for the rust problem if it has metal on the dip stick its probably due to this so make it seem worst and act like its the tranny and save some cash and make the truck look bad to the dealer . but the tube is near 100 and filters and fluid is over 150 so if it is bad keep that in mind . but it may have been fixed or late enough build to not have it. mine was 9-8 and it had a bad dipstick .

·
super tuner
164 Posts
i dont know much about them other than they get poor fuel mileage compared to a 6.0 and are not as fast as the 6.0's in stock form. i do believe the advertised horsepower and torque numbers are higher on the 6.4, but i drove them back to back(both stock) and the 6.0 smoked it hands down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.