Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting something better than stock, years ago when I drove a Jeep I came across some batteries called Oddyssey supposedly the best batteries on the planet.

TeamGrandWagoneer said:
Odyssey Battery
This is an Odyssey Battery Made from the Manufacturer, Hawker. Similar to the Optima battery but much better! This Battery is a NON-Spillable Dry Cell Battery. This means that it can be mounted Sideways or Rightside Up & Makes This Battery a MUST for Off-Roading Jeeps.This is a 1200 AMP Battery which can be Recharged From a Dead Battery OVER 400 Times Versus a Regular Battery which would only recharge Once from completely being dead. This Battery uses Unique Brass Posts which Do NOT Corrode & Will Work for Top or Side Terminal set-ups.This Battery Has Many More Lead Plates than a Regular Battery & are Made From 99.8% Pure Lead which makes for a Better Conductor. Since it is packed with more Plates it Weighs 38.2 lbs. This Battery is Warrantied by any Interstate or Batteries Plus dealer in the United States For 3 year FULL Replacement NO Charge or PRO-Rate Warranty.It then has a 10 year PRO-Rate Warranty for the Last 7 Years. This Battery is classified as NON Hazardous Transport so we can Ship this UPS or Air Transport most anywhere.(....)
Anybody got any input? It's like 269.95 a piece.. The optima redtops are like 170 ish right?

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Im running optima's and love them but I know odyssey batteries have a huge following and are suposed to be excellent batteries. If I could have either free Id go with the odyssey ones from what Ive read.

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking about it, they're a bit pricey but not too pricey, I can get a set of 1000 amp Maxximas for about the same price IIRC, I'm tempted to go with the Odyssey's though.

I'm mostly worried about the shipping though, 80 pounds shipped international sounds expeensiive...

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
Anybody got any input?
Except for the case color, the group 65 Die Hard Platinum battery that Sears sells is the exact same battery as the Odyssey group 65. The retail price at Sears is $189.

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
I know nothing about the Odyssey batteries but I know the Optima's of late have been lack luster.

Seems that all the ones in the older trucks (being older batteries) are much better batteries. The more recent Optimas have failed... miserably. Maybe we've just had bad luck.

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Except for the case color, the group 65 Die Hard Platinum battery that Sears sells is the exact same battery as the Odyssey group 65. The retail price at Sears is $189.
Too bad Sears don't ship them internationally :\

·
I get's it did!
376 Posts
Just find someone here (US) as a liason.

I bet shipping would be a bear though...

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
So far Ive bought 3 optimas in the last 2 years and all 3 are doing fine.

Ive read where people have had bad ones but no problems for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm running two optimas and for awhile now and haven't had a problem. I like the multi terminals also. Makes adding things easier. Thats my 0.02

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
I'm mostly worried about the shipping though, 80 pounds shipped international sounds expeensiive...
Odyssey has dealers in countries other than the US.
Norway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts