Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
:whs: color matched 05 would be tits
I think I'm going to slowly start piecing that together pretty soon.

I ran the truck at the track again last night, my first pass was a 13.5x, and everything after that was down hill. I ended up blowing out a small hole in the adapter from the stock up-pipes to the turbo, I was unable to build any boost at the line and was running consistent 15.xx, with 2.xx 60s. It would only make a little over 40psi down the track and was running like dog #### on 7 cylinders. Now I just have to save a little more before I tear back into it and get everything straightened out.

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Well, last night I did an injector swap so I can send my 225s off to get fixed. I thought everything went well until I got the truck home and tried to restart it and it wouldn't build oil pressure. It started just fine this morning and when I got to work it did the same thing. It turns out that I left my old 155s laying in a box right next to the other injectors that were supposed to be installed :doh: And they had a hot start issue. Now this evening I get to do ANOTHER injector swap to install the right injectors :mad: This would be my luck, but I guess it's my fault for not clearly marking the box.
Hopefully I'll get done in time to get my sump installed too. I'm beyond frustrated with this truck. :(

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Man! You don't have any luck with this truck. Hopefully you get everything sorted out with the 225's. I know when Lance had this motor in his truck, it would flat out rip, until his tranny took a dump! LOL

Oh, and you haven't had fun until you have to change injectors 5 times in one week. They weren't all on the same truck, but dang, changing 6.0 injectors suck. I'd much rather work on my 12V.

-French

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Man! You don't have any luck with this truck. Hopefully you get everything sorted out with the 225's. I know when Lance had this motor in his truck, it would flat out rip, until his tranny took a dump! LOL

Oh, and you haven't had fun until you have to change injectors 5 times in one week. They weren't all on the same truck, but dang, changing 6.0 injectors suck. I'd much rather work on my 12V.

-French
Speaking of Lance, I can't get a hold of him, I've tried texting, calling, I left a voice mail, and I sent him a message on facebook. I'm trying to get the last few parts I bought from him...

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
I'll try him in the morning and see whats up. I haven't talked to him for about a month or so.
Ok thanks, I'd really appreciate it!

I got the right injectors swapped in yesterday, it only took me 2 hours and 15 minutes... That's a new personal best! I'll be sending the 225s off on Monday

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I know this thread is old but how did you end up getting the bolt off. I am having the same problem with one last rounded torque converter bolt?

241 - 249 of 249 Posts