Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck has 160,000ish on her, I am the second owner, and while I don't think the truck was abused, just not maintained to my standards. So this is how the story goes.....
I have had an ongoing oil leak in the valley that finally just pushed me over the edge. Small leak from the HPOP or HPOP lines, bigger leak from under the turbo, and can't see a damn thing with the fuel bowl in the valley.
So begins the search, hit Dieselsite first.....why troubleshoot the damn HPOP and lines, get new lines and fix the HPOP seals right? Nooooo Dieselsite has to be having a sale on HPOP.....If I have to pull it out to inspect it anyway just UPGRADE!
Job one pull the HPOP, fuel bowl has to come out.....DAMN i really hate this thing, got a AirDog I have to install as well....why do I need a damn fuel bowl then ????? insert IRATEDiesel RR..fuel bowl gone (which reminds me anyone need a RiffRaff FRx?).
Installing RR, guess what turbo needs to come out (this is how I found out about bigger leak.) Not going to deal with this again, delete evbp......so turbo needs a bit of disassemble right?? back to Dieselsite cause I really like the WW2.....oh and they have that wastegate control gotta have that right!

So the weekend now involves wrapping up the IrateDiesel RR install
Installing the AirDog
Rebuilding the turbo (360° trhust, wastegate, WW2)
Installing new HPOP and lines
Installing the dieselsite trans filter
boost gauge install
and since that is not enough, I am going to paint the turbo/up pipes this week

I am really glad DieselSite is not down the street from me or I would be in big trouble :) Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sent you a PM

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Good stuff..
dont worry after that is all done, you will be back.
depending on where you live you might want to check out the max assist cool valve.
and either the coolant filter or the modded water pump they have.

if the uppipes are leaking i would look at the dormon kit...
you can try felpro gaskets...if the pipes are not galled.
but not a fun job.

On the flip side the turbo rebuild is straight forward.
i had to grind on my lowes 8mm 12 point socket a bit so it would fit two of the holes on my center cartriige but really everything went well....cept for geetting the ebp rod on at the end...that tneeds to be done before everything is bolted back.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Good stuff..
dont worry after that is all done, you will be back.
depending on where you live you might want to check out the max assist cool valve.
and either the coolant filter or the modded water pump they have.

if the uppipes are leaking i would look at the dormon kit...
you can try felpro gaskets...if the pipes are not galled.
but not a fun job.

On the flip side the turbo rebuild is straight forward.
i had to grind on my lowes 8mm 12 point socket a bit so it would fit two of the holes on my center cartriige but really everything went well....cept for geetting the ebp rod on at the end...that tneeds to be done before everything is bolted back.
I also had to deal with the 2 holes on the cartridge but I just used an ity bitty 8mm wrench

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
PM Sent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.