Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2004 F350 king ranch. Have had it for a few weeks and it seems to be running great but the past few days it seems like it takes longer to start than normal. Sounds as if the batts are getting weak. Will weak batts affect the FICM and it's starting ability? I changed the oil the first day I got it, before I started reading help forums and used aftermarket oil filter and no synthetic oil. I am seeing problems with sticky injectors and will be adding rev-x on my next oil change with a full synthetic oil. I just changed fuel filter. Found one at the international house. I have been using fuel additives, 2 cycle oil and diesel kleen. I'm just needing a little guidance on what I need to do and look for.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
1, Good batteries are a absolute must! yes it can effect the FICM, it can damage it. 2, Using anything other than Motorcraft filters is just asking for trouble. 3, IMHO using oil additives to try and fix a problem is just wasting money, it may help but it's just a band-aid. 4, In a 6.0 I would ONLY use a Motorcraft injector and OEM parts, aftermarket parts usually don't work or last long in these engines, except ARP studs, good quality EGR delete kit and coolant filter kit.
If you follow those tips it will make your 6.0 experience must more enjoyable.

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
1, Good batteries are a absolute must! yes it can effect the FICM, it can damage it. 2, Using anything other than Motorcraft filters is just asking for trouble. 3, IMHO using oil additives to try and fix a problem is just wasting money, it may help but it's just a band-aid. 4, In a 6.0 I would ONLY use a Motorcraft injector and OEM parts, aftermarket parts usually don't work or last long in these engines, except ARP studs, good quality EGR delete kit and coolant filter kit.
If you follow those tips it will make your 6.0 experience must more enjoyable.

Well said.

First and foremost, get your batteries checked. A weak battery will do more harm than you can imagine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys. I appreciate the the info. I'll be checking the batteries first thing tomorrow. What about pulsing breaks? When I first started driving it had a bad shake when you would break. I replaced the rotors and pads on the front but it didn't seem to fix the problem. It is a little better sometimes but not much? I made sure I greased the two pistons on the calipers real good because I noticed the bottom on both was frozen up pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts