Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a really clean 97 f250 7.3 with 200k on it. Only issue is it's a long bed.
Is a long bed bad for daily driving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
8,986 Posts
u just have to think a little because of the length. but they drive fine just have to remember how long u are. i can fit my super cab long bed in a single spot but if i can i will park a little further away so i can get 2 spots nose to tail. now if its a dually to then that adds a whole nother round of fun cause of the width at the rear fenders. and yes mine is a dually so it can be interesting some times but i wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
u just have to think a little because of the length. but they drive fine just have to remember how long u are. i can fit my super cab long bed in a single spot but if i can i will park a little further away so i can get 2 spots nose to tail. now if its a dually to then that adds a whole nother round of fun cause of the width at the rear fenders. and yes mine is a dually so it can be interesting some times but i wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet.

cclb i wanted a super cab (same as extended cab?). Parking both can be a pain but I generally reverse in. One of these days I’m going to upgrade my dually to singles (rickson wheels never picks up their phone and or replies to emails so they are dead to me haha) and put in a backup camera like my tundra has.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,285 Posts
I'm looking at a really clean 97 f250 7.3 with 200k on it. Only issue is it's a long bed.
Is a long bed bad for daily driving?

Long bed's bad only if you're a bad driver. Mine is the same as the one you're looking at, and it's not that difficult to maneuver if you pay attention.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,805 Posts
my supercab long bed is very easy to drive in the city, i never go through fast food turns hardly ever so no big deal for me. i have to do a u-turn about every day i drive it, and even then it's just a matter of thinking ahead and setting up for the maneuver. no biggie

·
Registered
620 Posts
Long beds are great...you can put a whole sheet of plywood in it, 2x4x8's...heck put a lift-gate on it and that adds another 9".

We all want an extra 9"!

you will get used to the larger radius turns, no big deal. Buy it.

It is not an issue but it will probably have some after you buy, don't be surprised...it is still 20 year old vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts