Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What an idiot. How dangerous is this? looks like it was a Beaumont guy....and he's about to be in trouble. Gives pilots a bad name...

looks like a nice plane. Bet it belongs to one of the hot shot attorneys around here.

regardless.....this video made me ready to go down there next week for 8 days! :bowfast: Hope the weather stays nice.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
They just had a guy walking on the beach get killed this week by getting hit by an experimental plane that was trying to make an emergency landing. I forget where though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Didn't look so dangerous to me...just a low fly-by. How dangerous is it to drive with one hand and shoot video with the other? LOL

Tim

·
JDG's #1 Fan
3,470 Posts
My best friend, his dad and most of there friends are small plane pilots, so I am up in the air about once a month, and the code they fly by, actions like that are highly frowned upon and are against FFA rules for sure. He will loose his license or at least get suspended. He could have injured someone very easily.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
My best friend, his dad and most of there friends are small plane pilots, so I am up in the air about once a month, and the code they fly by, actions like that are highly frowned upon and are against FFA rules for sure. He will loose his license or at least get suspended. He could have injured someone very easily.
He wasnt even that low, he was a few hundred feet up for sure. Edit: nevermind, I dont kow what I was looking at:doh:

Ever seen the pics of that beach in Europe where comercial airliners fly so low across it people slam on there brakes?

Oh and everyone who says that this is dangerous, DONT EVER attend an airshow...you will probably die of a heart attackLOL

·
Registered
7,358 Posts

·
JDG's #1 Fan
3,470 Posts
Oh and everyone who says that this is dangerous, DONT EVER attend an airshow...you will probably die of a heart attackLOL
Air shows are a different story, controlled environment with guys flying that have thousands of hours in the cockpit. That guy is just a jackass with to much money.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
He wasnt even that low, he was a few hundred feet up for sure. Edit: nevermind, I dont kow what I was looking at:doh:

Ever seen the pics of that beach in Europe where comercial airliners fly so low across it people slam on there brakes?

Interesting info there. I wonder if the military follows these rules? the base by my house, when the planes take off, is probably only 4-500 feet off the ground, and this is going directly over a neighborhood.
Air shows are a different story, controlled environment with guys flying that have thousands of hours in the cockpit. That guy is just a jackass with to much money.
:whs:

Airshow is a completely different situation... And for military, i believe they have some different rules/regulations, but i could be wrong :shrug:

Honestly, i didnt immidiatly think it was the dumbest thing in the world till i saw the people para-sailing (or whatever its called and however its spelled). He looked like he was flying lower than them, pretty sure he wasnt all that far from them either. Could you imagine if he hit one of them or snagged their sail? He should have found somewhere else to pull that chit... Just my .02 and what was going through my head...

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:whs:

Airshow is a completely different situation... And for military, i believe they have some different rules/regulations, but i could be wrong :shrug:

Honestly, i didnt immidiatly think it was the dumbest thing in the world till i saw the people para-sailing (or whatever its called and however its spelled). He looked like he was flying lower than them, pretty sure he wasnt all that far from them either. Could you imagine if he hit one of them or snagged their sail? He should have found somewhere else to pull that chit... Just my .02 and what was going through my head...

It was Spring Break. He was joyriding....

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I once knew a guy that had over 25000 as a pilot. He had never been higher than 1000 feet up it the air. We felt comfortable flying under power lines. He was a crop duster. He died when he was dropping down onto a field and hit a huge dust devil. He totally lost lift in one wing and cartwheeled across a field.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Didn't look so dangerous to me...just a low fly-by. How dangerous is it to drive with one hand and shoot video with the other? LOL

Tim

I'd say there's a pretty big difference between creeping along the beach at about 5mph in a convoy while recording than flying a plane at 100+ mph that low on the beach.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong (I've never been to one), but don't they make you sign a waiver at most air shows? You have to have a reasonable expectation that something could go wrong at one of those.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I'd say there's a pretty big difference between creeping along the beach at about 5mph in a convoy while recording than flying a plane at 100+ mph that low on the beach.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong (I've never been to one), but don't they make you sign a waiver at most air shows? You have to have a reasonable expectation that something could go wrong at one of those.

No waivers...

as for the air show thing, it doesnt matter how many hours you have when the plane dont work...

·
JDG's #1 Fan
3,470 Posts
So what if his engine would have died over the beach and he would have crashed into all those people? They set the altitude restrictions, not only so you don't hit anything, but if your motor does die you have time to react and coast the plane to a safe landing.

You can all have opinions on whether this was safe, not safe, whatever, there is a code of ethics that you take on with a pilot license, and you just don't pull stupid 5hit like that.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
So what if his engine would have died over the beach and he would have crashed into all those people? They set the altitude restrictions, not only so you don't hit anything, but if your motor does die you have time to react and coast the plane to a safe landing.

You can all have opinions on whether this was safe, not safe, whatever, there is a code of ethics that you take on with a pilot license, and you just don't pull stupid 5hit like that.
im not disagreeing, i'm just saying that it can happen anywhere, at anytime.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts