Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears I will be getting some Lizard Skin and I am considering putting it on my valve covers to reduce the injector noise. I will be getting some of the "Sound Control" and "Ceramic insulation". Here is a link to the products.
Lizardskin Ceramic Insulation and Sound Control Spray-on Formula
I may just use the "Sound Control".
Lizardskin Ceramic Insulation and Sound Control Spray-on Formula
Here is the spec sheet:
http://www.lizardskin.com/images/LSSC%20Cut&SpecSheet.pdf

Suns PSD recently used a bedliner product and is quite pleased with the result. Here is a link to the thread:
Can anyone recommend a spray on sound deadener that I can use on the valve covers? - Powerstroke Nation

Does anybody have any reason why this may be a bad idea? It appears Lizard Skin will withstand the temp and it is fire rated. What do you think?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
There was a guy that dynamated his covers on here , hopefully he can chime in.
I believe his results were good.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The injectors are stock and sound the way stock injectors sound. But, I would love to somewhat modernize it by making it quieter. Suns PSD seems to have had great success with the bedliner and since I have to pull my covers anyway, I may try this.

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
I think the high-temp sound deadening stuff would work better. "Knock Off" of dynamat... Look down in the audio forum and you can find it. Plus it will be quite a bit less money...

Sam

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lizard skin is a spray on product with a high temp tolerance.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
113 Posts
sounds like something I might do when I pull my motor. spray the inside of the firewall and engine bay It should quite the cab down a bit also.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, the Lizard Skin will here in a couple of days and hopefully applied over the next couple of weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts