Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears I will be getting some Lizard Skin and I am considering putting it on my valve covers to reduce the injector noise. I will be getting some of the "Sound Control" and "Ceramic insulation". Here is a link to the products.
Lizardskin Ceramic Insulation and Sound Control Spray-on Formula
I may just use the "Sound Control".
Lizardskin Ceramic Insulation and Sound Control Spray-on Formula
Here is the spec sheet:
http://www.lizardskin.com/images/LSSC%20Cut&SpecSheet.pdf

Suns PSD recently used a bedliner product and is quite pleased with the result. Here is a link to the thread:
Can anyone recommend a spray on sound deadener that I can use on the valve covers? - Powerstroke Nation

Does anybody have any reason why this may be a bad idea? It appears Lizard Skin will withstand the temp and it is fire rated. What do you think?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
There was a guy that dynamated his covers on here , hopefully he can chime in.
I believe his results were good.

·
Registered
504 Posts
They are loud enough to the point you want to cover the valve covers to try and quiet them?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The injectors are stock and sound the way stock injectors sound. But, I would love to somewhat modernize it by making it quieter. Suns PSD seems to have had great success with the bedliner and since I have to pull my covers anyway, I may try this.

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
I think the high-temp sound deadening stuff would work better. "Knock Off" of dynamat... Look down in the audio forum and you can find it. Plus it will be quite a bit less money...

Sam

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lizard skin is a spray on product with a high temp tolerance.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
113 Posts
sounds like something I might do when I pull my motor. spray the inside of the firewall and engine bay It should quite the cab down a bit also.

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Did you pull the dash apart to do the firewall? Or just pull the carpet and get what you can?
If you want to do it right, you better pull the dash. I'd guess less than 20% of the dash/firewall can be reached (at least by me) without pulling the dash.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, the Lizard Skin will here in a couple of days and hopefully applied over the next couple of weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts