Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is already a thread for pics of trailers, but lets see your livestock trailers. Will post pics of ours after this weekend as its at the shop getting repainted.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Homemade by my grandpa back in 1979. I have painted it and had a new tarp made. We also have a gooseneck brand 24x6.

I have since painted all the wheels gray. Looks damn good for being so old.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
Homemade by my grandpa back in 1979. I have painted it and had a new tarp made. We also have a gooseneck brand 24x6.

I have since painted all the wheels gray. Looks damn good for being so old.

im lookin at a kodiak pipe trailer, it will either be a kodiak or a wilson aluminum with the punch out sides

·
Registered
495 Posts
Here's ours. It's a '93 Eby aluminum 8' by 20'. We bought it used back in 05. We use it to haul our dairy cows around. I also haul steers to local slaughter houses.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
My buddys Bull wagon...its badazz when its all lit up at night.

that my friend is one BA 359'r like the saying on the back of the sleeper, our old aluminum 8x32 had that across the tailgate

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
those are some damn nice trailers, whats that 28' runnin on price?
Im not sure yet. I printed out all the options and were deciding on what all we want done to it. Ill probably email them next week with all the specs to see how much its gonna run.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
Im not sure yet. I printed out all the options and were deciding on what all we want done to it. Ill probably email them next week with all the specs to see how much its gonna run.
right on, im thinkin bout emailing them bout a 30' 7'6", see what its guna set me back, i think i could make more money hot shottin on weekends with a cattle trailer than my flatbed

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
right on, im thinkin bout emailing them bout a 30' 7'6", see what its guna set me back, i think i could make more money hot shottin on weekends with a cattle trailer than my flatbed
My buddy that I work cows with has a Gooseneck Brand 28' x 7'6". Its a very nice trailer. If you go that big, be sure and get dual jacks. One wont hardly pick it up. And don't get the rubber floor. Its a little bit of a pain in the ass. We ended up removing all the rubber boards and spacing them out more cause they were too close together. What a chore!

A full escape door up front is the best thing since sliced bread if you use your trailer in the pasture much at all. We use the one on his trailer all the time.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
My buddy that I work cows with has a Gooseneck Brand 28' x 7'6". Its a very nice trailer. If you go that big, be sure and get dual jacks. One wont hardly pick it up. And don't get the rubber floor. Its a little bit of a pain in the ass. We ended up removing all the rubber boards and spacing them out more cause they were too close together. What a chore!

A full escape door up front is the best thing since sliced bread if you use your trailer in the pasture much at all. We use the one on his trailer all the time.
ya it will be a pasture beater, we have some stubborn cows so ours horses roll through the trailer and out the escape gate tied on hard n fast, lol its halarious

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
ya it will be a pasture beater, we have some stubborn cows so ours horses roll through the trailer and out the escape gate tied on hard n fast, lol its halarious
To change the subject... How are prices where you are?
We sent some on Monday and are happy with prices.

Steers bringing anywhere from $1.15 - $1.33lb. Heifers a little less. I sold one 500 pounder that brought $1.23lb. Not too bad.
Were just hobby ranchers though. Only run around 225 commercial bred cows. Small scale.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
To change the subject... How are prices where you are?
We sent some on Monday and are happy with prices.

Steers bringing anywhere from $1.15 - $1.33lb. Heifers a little less. I sold one 500 pounder that brought $1.23lb. Not too bad.
Were just hobby ranchers though. Only run around 225 commercial bred cows. Small scale.
Ranchers and Cowpokes - Powerstroke Nation
i started us a thread

·
cattle farmer
1,456 Posts
i know that hog prices are up alot too i hauled in 30 fat hogs last sunday and got .65 lb which is great compaired to last year where they were just half of that i love it when the market is up!

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Here is a 20' Featherlite my buddy just bought. He don't have his gooseneck hitch in so I had to go get it for him. 250 mile round trip to go get it last night about 25 miles south of Indy last night.

·
I Like Red Cows
364 Posts
Gooseneck Trailer Mfg. Co. - Custom Trailers, Frac Tanks Truck Beds[/QUOTE]

I don't know why but i have always thought those goosenecks were the most ugly trailers in the world and never want to own one!! must be a KS thing? :poke: haha j.k j.k!!! My dad and my dream trailer is i 24' Wilson. Currently have a 20' Hillsboro pulls like a rock! I'll snap some pic tuesday since i am hauling some hfrs up to sale.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts