Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after truck sits all night it has little power when taking off and runs a little rough. after 5 min of driving power picks back up and runs fine for the rest of the day any suggestions?

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
how long u letting it warm up?
Doesn't sound like he does. :shrug:
To the OP, if you infact do not let it warm up before heading out with it in the morning when it's cold out try letting it run 10-15 minutes before you head out with it I suspect your problem will be gone.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Probly your ebpv closing to warm up....normal

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
It's a diesel, and when it's cold that's what happens. Let the truck warm up before taking off. The ebpv will still cycle until the engine gets to proper operating temps.

A high idle mod/tune will do wonders with cold weather warmups. If you don't have it done I suggest doing it.

With that said, I usually let the truck warm up 15-20 minutes before I take off. I refuse to drive the truck cold.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Are we in the 7.3 section? No ebpv on 6ls. Do you get greyish fuel smoke out the exhaust at the same time? you probably have a touch of stiction going on.try plugging it in should help.maybe switch to 5w40 rotella syn if your still running 15w40

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The weather in Florida has been in the high 70's so its not really from cold weather.I thought maybe bad injector

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
it may be stiction....actually after reading this again. it is stiction. whatever else all those dudes are talking about is dumb. try out some rev x in your next oil change it will fix that

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
sticktion sounds about right... i thought we were talking about a 7.3 so pay my first reply no mind

·
Registered
287 Posts
wow. if u r in florida, than i to say its stiction. u should try some 5w-40 full sythetic when you add rev-x or hotshotsecret. if you tow alot, maybe 15w-40 is better.

·
Bad spark plug! No cookie
32 Posts
Im in baton rouge n it still takes at least ten min to warm. Driving when the engine isnt at operating temp leads to blow by. Imagine how your engine feels having diesel in its oil. Unreliable oil cooler... diesel in oil... oil protects your engine... Picking up what Im laying down? High idle mod. You likey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts