Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you white psd out there have your rocker panels linex'd or rhinolined?

I'm thinkin bout doin this on my rig. It's just too plain looking. I removed the chrome trim off the doors now wish I didn't.

Pics?

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
I've seen a few done in either black or white. Most are done with black though. Only a few i've seen on this and other forums with white. Both ways look good, just depends on the look your going for. I'm sure others will post some pics. I'm on my phone and don't feel like going through the process.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you misunderstood my post. I want black lining just wanna see pics of it on a white truck

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Personally, I think the white would look better on a white truck.

There is a guy on here that has while Line-X on his white 08 and it looks really nice.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My truck has alot of black misc stuff.
Stack,door handles,bed caps etc that's why I was thinkin black. Plus, eventually I'll be goin to some rockstars as well. Just think black would look better

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
damn, in the pics it looks just like paint, matches good. I like that look, not too much black to over power the white.

Ive always wondered what black wheels on a truck like that (and mine) would look like on a white truck with tan bottom, i kinda wish i got black wheels now instead of chrome!

Back to the original thread...

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
I think you misunderstood my post. I want black lining just wanna see pics of it on a white truck
no. i understood perfectly. I was just letting you know that a few people have done the line-x in white on their white truck as well as black. Since i was on my phone i didn't post any pictures. so here are some pictures

even though this is a dodge, you still get the idea.

One with white sprayed. Can't even tell it's there.

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
i want an up close od that 08. looking HARD, i cant tell its done.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i want an up close od that 08. looking HARD, i cant tell its done.
You can tell a slight color varience if you look hard enough.. If no one said heres a truck with white line-x i wouldnt be able to tell either

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Something that I've done before is, take a side view picture of your truck, open it up in paint, and start coloring. It will give you a pretty good idea of what it will look like.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something that I've done before is, take a side view picture of your truck, open it up in paint, and start coloring. It will give you a pretty good idea of what it will look like.
Wow thats a great idea, why didnt i think of that.

On edit: I dont feel like going out in the snow and snapping a useable pic

·
Registered
588 Posts
I did this in Paint.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
I spoke to a lineX shop a while back about doing it in white to my 01. He was totally against white. Said that he did a few others trucks in white and they all came back within a few months and had it removed and resprayed. Because any little spec of road grime showed up in the white and was impossible to get off unless you caught it right away

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I spoke to a lineX shop a while back about doing it in white to my 01. He was totally against white. Said that he did a few others trucks in white and they all came back within a few months and had it removed and resprayed. Because any little spec of road grime showed up in the white and was impossible to get off unless you caught it right away
Something to think about. Good info.

I've also heard that rhino lining has lifetime resprays for free if you purchase from them. Any truth to this?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought a can of bed liner and rolled my own on due to the cost of Rhino Lining or Line-X. Not as thick but works for my needs. Truck has almost 300,000 miles and had alot of rock chips/missing paint; plus wanted it to look different. I also ran up and around the fenders and did the bumpers (front painted to look like '05+.) Rattle canned the inner fenders on the bed flat black too as they stood out like a sore thumb.

·
Chummin Along!
37 Posts
I have been wondering this as well. My truck is all white, with black accents and want to do the rockers black but have been hoping to see some pictures with it first. Oh well looks like you just have to do it and hope you like it!

-Matt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts