Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to call my local Line X to get a price quote on color matching Line X on my front and rear chrome bumpers... I got a quote of $350 per bumper, plus $300 for color match... $1k to do that seemed outrageous to me, does anybody else have any input?? What did you guys pay to do this?? Thanks guys

·
Caterpillar Tech.
117 Posts
i would call around for sure....thats really high!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I honestly couldn't believe what the guy was saying... I called another Line X shop about an hour away and that guy's quote was within $50 of the first...He said no matter what your doing (bedliners etc) that when you get the paint matched stuff it's an extra $300 cause they have to bleed their lines and what not...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Ahhhh...bs.

You mean they leave the chit in the guns when they finish any other job? I don't think so...
They gotta clean up afterward anyways...

I'm sure they offer it in colors now anyways....

Color matched would only last for about a week in the sun...then it wouldn't be matched anymore...

They must be busy, and can pick and choose what jobs they wanna do.

·
Livin in the flatlands.
525 Posts
When I was working in accessories (3 years ago) the color match option was only an extra $100 retail. But yes, anything not a bed always seemed spendy.
As for fading, the dyes etc that they use now are pretty good about holding color.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
80 bucks paint, 60 clearcoat, 20 bucks sand paper, 160 bucks total had my front bumper painted DIY but I'm not big on Line X anyways.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
I painted my rear bumper that was chrome, my grill that was chrome, a lot played into the prep job really, crappy prep job didn't work out well at all. Prep it well, primer, wet sand primer etc etc it turned out fine. Bumper I recently didn't I grinded everything down to metal and turned out pretty good to me minus a lil run of clearcoat.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I used Herculiner to do both bumpers and the side skirts. The prep work was a real PITA. Needed to pull the bumpers and the skirting was real tough because it's so close to the paint. The Herculiner faded pretty quickly in the sun and it needs touch up every year, but looks great, IMHO. Prep work is the key. And I could see Line X costing that much considering how long it took me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts