Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the junkyard wasting time when I saw a Excursion stuffed in a corner. The seats are in less than fair shape, but some light cleaning should help them out a lot. Is it possible to put them in my OBS crewcab without major mods. I searched and there was I guy that sold his for his extended can cause of all the mods necessary.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
They are a direct swap into a super duty, and people swap sd seats in obs trucks often, so I dont see why not

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. They are 01 limited leather seats. And for only 150 for front and second row.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Not bad. I had limited ex seats and center console in my 2002 and loved em. I ran power wires to the seats so I had the function of the heated seats too, it was very nice in the winter

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has power lumbar, so ill just use that power for everything on the new seats. When I get around to reupholering them I'll be adding heaters. I think I'll be changing them from tan to black. I will be changing everything to black eventually. I really like how z281le did his.

I've start installing the rears this morning and let me just tell you. They are NOT bolt in. I put them in and lifted the bottom and marked the back holes for drilling. I'm going to be using some larger fat washers under the spots I drilled, hoping that will help them from ripping out in the event of a accident. The front holes are going to be a little trickier, they hang off the hump about a inch maybe 2. I think I might cut a little notch in them and bend them down.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Its been established theyre not a driect obs swap. Have you looked up other peoples documented swaps?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't find any swapping writeups from a Excursion to Obs. But I did read two on SD to OBS seems like it won't be to hard. I hope.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Well like I said, excursions front seats swapped directly into my super duty, so the swap should be the same as a sd seat swap for you

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
If you use a OBS 40-20-40 seat pan they should be able to bolt to that

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
They are a direct swap into a super duty, and people swap sd seats in obs trucks often, so I dont see why not
This is Very misleading. You are posting about swapping X seats into your SD but this is a OBS forum

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
This is Very misleading. You are posting about swapping X seats into your SD but this is a OBS forum
I thought I clarified it pretty well. The o.p. wanted advice on swapping ex seats in his obs, I told him they were a direct swap to a sd, therefore they should swap into his obs the same as any other sd seats. Like I said, and you know, plenty of people swap sd seats into obs trucks,so all he has/had to do was look up a sd seat swap, and theoretically it should be the same

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Brad, didn't know that about the tracks. I saw different ppl saying that they just drilled all new holes for the fronts. I have the backs bolted in. I'm going to do the fronts tonight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts