Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at buying some cheap oem wheels that are alot lighter than my 20x9 XD Spys wrapped in 305/55 terra grapplers. Im not sure if we can run 16s or not on these i'd imagine they would be the lightest. Just need somethign to put a drag racing tire on it and get some decent times down the track.

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
17 is smalled you can fit with calipers. I just bought a set as well. Rims lighter sure but not sure how much lighter the tire is going to be. Giving trying to use 35's

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
na im def not gonna be running 35s haha. Which 17s did you buy? Im guessing the steel xl 05-07 rims are heavier than alloy 17s?

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Yea steel will be heavy. I did the same 20's I have there 17x9 ATX Mojave wheels from american racing. I love the finish (Teflon) and look good. Work great year round since I plow and deal with the Salty roads. Were like 700 all 4 shipped.... I now there were a lot of cheaper almost same look ones on DISCOUNTTIREDIRECT where I do a lot fo tire buying and they have some cheap 17's alloy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i dont care what the look like but if I could drop 100lbs in wheels and tires for a few hundred bucks from my 20s im gonna do it haha. just something to throw on and off

·
Registered
98 Posts
i put the 17s off an 05 on mine with 305/70/17 terra grapplers and looks great the aluminum ones that look like the old alcoas i got them for 300 off cr and if u have the android app for craigslist u can set it to only show u 17s in only the areas u want to travel to get them works great

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mike how much you think stock 18s and stock continental are off my truck. I still got the stockers might give them a try

1 - 11 of 11 Posts