Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
6.0 Money Pit
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting rid of the Heat Extractor hood I currently have......my brother had a tree jump out in front of him, and is in need of one, so this may be a good time to upgrade.

I don't mind the looks of the Heat Extractor, but it's so HEAVY.....weighs at least as much as the factory steel hood.

So c'mon, gimme some advice on this!!

And, by the way, we have been making some progress with the truck.....it may actually see a track this year:D

·
6.0 Money Pit
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which heat extractor hood do you have? Mine is at least half the weight of the stocker...
Unless they changed the design? Got it in '06 from Doug @ GoGo........ Doug, what the heck you sell me??LOL

I'd have to guess there is something lighter out there.

Besides, it's going on my brothers '03 Sonic Blue, with an '05 conversion an Harley headlights......gonna look sweeeet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not trying to derail the thread, but what is the status of your truck? I've been hoping it would show back up on the scene and give us another 6.0 in the fight! :fordoval::gun:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I just got a Cervini's fiberglass hood with a 3" cowl and it is very light.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
For some reason a couple guys around here had problems with there extracter hoods cracking.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
There were some ebay ones?? Maybe those ones are heavier. But I can tell you that my hood is ALOT lighter then the stocker. I think DCspecial has each one... maybe he will chim in..

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
There's a company that makes a pin on carbon fiber hood but the the scoop design was hideous...I'll try to find them again tonight to see if they are still makeing anythinG.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
That's the company...and they're still hideous.

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
6.0 Money Pit
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, them are kinda greazy lookin.

Richard, didn't you used to have a different hood before?

I definately have to make a decision now..........the Heat Extractor is getting painted Sonic Blue.....and my truck is white.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I just have a plain old Reflexion cowl hood....definitely not any lighter than stock.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I love the heat extractor, IMO it is the BEST looking hood available for the SD trucks.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have a Cervinis on my truck. I like the hood. But I seem to catch a lot of water when it rains. Not sure how its getting in there and why it doesn't drain. Been tempted to drill a small hole in the back but scared it will ruin the integrity of the hood and then start cracking. But other than that. I do like the hood.

·
6.0 Money Pit
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a Cervinis on my truck. I like the hood. But I seem to catch a lot of water when it rains. Not sure how its getting in there and why it doesn't drain. Been tempted to drill a small hole in the back but scared it will ruin the integrity of the hood and then start cracking. But other than that. I do like the hood.
Which one do you have? And how does it compare weightwise to stock steel?

My truck never see's rain, so that's not a worry:D

·
Registered
531 Posts
Mine weighs 35lbs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts