Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I get a lift kit, it might not come with everything i need, right? I know they are all different, and i want either a six oran eight inch lift. It'll come with the basics of what you need to lift it, but there are other things you need, like panhard bars, dropped pitman arm, correct? I'm not sure, I have done extensive research on lift kits, and it seems that just the kit itself won't give me all I need. What all do I need? For an IFS, shocks, coilovers, spacers, extended steering knuckles, do i need extended tie rod ends? I'm unsure, and am glad for all input.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So when I get a lift kit, it might not come with everything i need, right? I know they are all different, and i want either a six oran eight inch lift. It'll come with the basics of what you need to lift it, but there are other things you need, like panhard bars, dropped pitman arm, correct? I'm not sure, I have done extensive research on lift kits, and it seems that just the kit itself won't give me all I need. What all do I need? For an IFS, shocks, coilovers, spacers, extended steering knuckles, do i need extended tie rod ends? I'm unsure, and am glad for all input.
What year is the truck?
Extended brake lines and appropriate shocks would be a good idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its actually for a friend, he has a 05 ram 1500. But I just want to make sure we get everything right the first time, and its not a project that doesn't get finished. IFS needs a three or four links, right?

·
Project Shamu
2,732 Posts
Probably best to get on a Dodge forum and ask them what you need. On a ford forum, I doubt many of us are going to know what you need.

·
Administrator
8,354 Posts
best thing for a dodge is a gallon of gas, and a 5 minute road flare. :p

·
don't play well w others
4,003 Posts
I like my 79 powerwagon......

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,354 Posts
agreed. the best truck i ever owned was that beat up old 65 W300.
but the new piles of horse droppings they call dodges are nothing like the old war horses.

remember the pile of horse droppings you got rid of two years ago?

·
don't play well w others
4,003 Posts
The 18?
No comment

·
don't play well w others
4,003 Posts
Still have mine

·
Administrator
8,354 Posts
my 65 started life with a slant 6. it was rebuilt twice when i got it with 600,000 miles on it and a blown engine.
i had a fresh 273/275 ho out of a 65 bananacuda i dropped in it. ran that for another 340,000 miles before the cab fell off.

·
don't play well w others
4,003 Posts
Mine is a 360. 2nd gen. Had a computer. Mopar put them in the snorkel back then..
I converted to more modern gm hei. I really need to take the 2bl holley off it, and put a spread bore on it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So if i do 4 links, its welded right? So if it's welded, it wouldn't be practical to cut it and reweld it after I add lift? Obviously I makes sense to add lift before I put on the 4 links, right? Like, in case I want to add more lift later? I want to do ten, but can't find a ten inch kit lol. So I might do a six, then put spacers on it, then maybe a little body lift, to get to ten. Any input would be helpful thanks!! Also, nice truck!!! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts