Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am new here and i have a question about lift / level kits

My truck is a stock 2002 F350 Supercab Long Bed. I like the BFG AT 35 x 12.5 (had them on my 88 F350)

What lift or level kit do i need to install to clear these tires. I want it to ride good and dont want to spend a fortune. In reading, my best choice would probably be a DR 4.5" Hanger kit, but what else is out there rides close to stock and will clear the 35 " without rub. Also whats the reccomended wheel width ?

·
South Atlanta white trash
495 Posts
DR is great stuff. How much is it?

If it were me, I'd get a 4" of 6" lift of you're choice.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Im running 35x12.5 M/T tires on a Pro Comp 2" hanger kit. I only paid 325 CDN for it and installed it myself in a day. Now mine doesnt rub unless I turn it all the way over....That is not because i havent lifted it enough its because I am running stock rims, and they dont have enough back spacing.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Im running 35x12.5 M/T tires on a Pro Comp 2" hanger kit. I only paid 325 CDN for it and installed it myself in a day. Now mine doesnt rub unless I turn it all the way over....That is not because i havent lifted it enough its because I am running stock rims, and they dont have enough back spacing.
you mean because they have too much backspacing...

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
The best bang for your buck will be a DR mini spring pack up front and you will easily clear the 33" tires. It will ride as good as stock or slightly better. If you go with the DR 4.5" hanger kit your truck will be higher on the front by +/- 2", you probably don't want that. However you have tha ability to run a 2" block in the rear for some more lift in combination with the hanger lift. If my memory serves me correctly the 2002 stock rims are 8" wide so the largest width tire you want to run on that rim is a 12.50" wide tire. Hope this helps. Pm me if you need any more info.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Mine on 4" and 37's...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joe,

You have almost the identical truck to mine. 37s on a 4inch lift? No rubbing?

I just want to do the 35's though. will 35's rub with a level kit?

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
The DR add a leaf cost like 1K. And the cheap add a leafs will ruin your ride quality. Plus an '02 truck stock springs are pretty sacked out. Might as well just buy a new aftermarket spring.

I just pulled my 5.5" Fabtechs off (they gave me an honest 7" over a stock truck) and I installed a 2.5" Rough Country lift that is closer to 4" before it is settled in and I was told to expect 3-3.25" after it settles. It looks like it will clear my wide 35" tires and give me the low wide look I want. I purchased the RC lift for something like $239 new (deleted the shocks) and that included shipping from Top Gun Customz!

Your ground clearance comes from how far you can get the axle off the ground not how high your truck is. In fact, the height becomes a real problem for a lot of reasons and really impedes performance and usability.

Good luck w/ your decision!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Lowest lift... biggest tires... More gound clearance, lower center of gravity!

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
I thought stock rims were only 7"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts