Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been debating on how much lift and what tire size I would like to run. I can't decide between a 4" lift with 35" tires or 6" with 37s. I have looked at multiple pictures on the web. I know that each lift company is different and the different wheels/tire combos have an effect on appearance. But some trucks with the 6" and 37s look like a good fit, and others look like there's lots of space in the wheelwells).

I would like to see some of your trucks on here and maybe get the amount/brand of lift, and wheel measurements as far as offset, backspacing etc. And maybe some thoughts about pros/cons of lift and tires. My truck is not my only means of transportation, but I like the lifted look and will be driving on the beach this summer so I would definitely like some bigger tires.

Right now I have a stock 99 supercab, shortbed, 4WD, 6 spd with a/m 16" Pacer aluminum wheels.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are some good looking trucks guys.

Would there be a difference between the years that allows a 37 to fit with just a leveling kit? The lift kits that I have looked at for my 99 all said that for 37s a 6" lift is required.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Those are some good looking trucks guys.

Would there be a difference between the years that allows a 37 to fit with just a leveling kit? The lift kits that I have looked at for my 99 all said that for 37s a 6" lift is required.
level kit and 37s is do able in a 08+ depending on wheel width/offset etc, but its not un-common...
you will need a lift on you truck for 37s

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
level kit and 37s is do able in a 08+ depending on wheel width/offset etc, but its not un-common...
you will need a lift on you truck for 37s
Cool. Thanks for the help. 6" lift with 37s it is. Now I just need to figure out my wheel offset.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts