Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well finally got to replacin my worn out 4" pro comp springs this weekend and holy hell! i did it with no air tools and it was not nice! but she's done and rides and looks alot better. so how many of you guys don't have access to air either at home?

·
Registered
741 Posts
No air but I do have a Hilti electric impact gun. I'm doing my rear springs this weekend again and all I use is two jack stands and a 4 ton jack.

I live in Florida so the truck has zero rust on the bolts.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I live in Florida so the truck has zero rust on the bolts.
DAMN YOU :mad:

Must be nice LOL

No air tools at home for me, was spoiled with them growing up with a 1500sf heated shop with air tools and everything else you could want including a 4' sand blast cabinet.

Takes me well over an hour just to rotate my tires now with hand tools :doh:

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
I have air, but not mechanics air tools. Just a 4 gallon pancake compressor so I can blow the dust and debris into my eyes. LOL, I also have electric impaact guns; a 120v corded and a 18v cordless.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have air but still prefer my snap on 1/2" drive 18v impact.

·
Registered
501 Posts
So did you just replace your worn springs for new procomp's? Or did you go with something else?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have air, but most the time I use the electric impact, just as powerfull and no time filling up the tank and then draining it

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
no air tools and me and a friend spent about 8 hours Saturday wrenching on my truck puttin a 4 inch lift on it.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I have air but I'm gonna get me a snapon impact.Used my buddys to install the wifes 6in lift and fell in love.

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Honestly I have heard the Mac impacts are better. I have heard(never seen it though) that if you hook up the Mac to the Snap-on, the Mac will turn the Snap-on backwards. Just something to think about, and if anyone else as heard this or different the sorry lol.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i put pro comps back on unfortunately, they sag after a few years from my experience and i have heard someone else sayin that around here too. they are over 100 cheaper a pack at ntw compared to skyjacker or anyone else. and yes i am drivin the wife up the wall cause i want a 1/2" cordless impact soo bad cause i am sick of bustin 32 lug nuts by hand!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts