Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys im finally looking to buy another psd, Im looking at a 2003 f350 KR srw. It has 6inches of lift on it and 35s. I tow a 2007 Loadmax 26ft GN could i pull this trailer fine with a truck with 6inches of lift? its 4 inches higher in the bed than the current truck i pull it with. @ 42inches from the tailgate lowered to the ground tailer has some adjustment on the coupler tube aswell. and the bottom of the neck is like 5ft 10 inches from the ground. im not sure if i will clear the neck with the bed of the truck even when turning etc. Give me you inputs before i commit to the Sale. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
take the trailer down there and hook it to the truck,, thats the only way to tell. i know a guy local has 8 inches of lift and pulls a big flat deck GN but everytrailer is different.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah well i would if the truck wasnt 900 miles away. Suposivly my trailer has the 12inch raised neck on it for adjustment.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
oh that presents a problem then. maybe have them measure from ground to top of the bed rail and compare it to yours and try to imagine if itd fit.:shrug:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol i did that it seems like it would ...how close would the neck have to be to the bed before you start to worry about contact?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i like no less then 4 but am more comfortable with around 5 or 6 minimum because of flexing getting on roads, driveways, hills etc. personal choice choose your poison all depends on what kind of terrain youll be on really.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
but every trailer is different in height and what heights they can be adjusted to.:poke:

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
Every trailer is different. I would say you should be ok but everyone i know that uses a GN has @ least 6" just to be on the safe side. If it wasnt so far away i would just go hook up to it and see how it would work in terms of clearance.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
and you guys are right about all trailers are different but i will mention that my truck went from stock to 4" to 8" and between all the height changes i never once adjusted the neck on my GN trailer and still havent today adjusted it just so you know

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I used to tow a gooseneck with my e99 and 6" of lift... Worked good, other then one day I peeled the drivers side tool box off...

Off camber jobsite turn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts