Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
PSD Rookie
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Alright, so thanks for all the help so far. But i really have no resolution. I got rid of the drive shaft vibrations with a spacer and aligning the bearing well. The front end still shakes and it just drives me crazy. I used the good old go pro and uploaded a couple videos. I am no master movie guy so they are not edited. You can really see the wheel shake around in the interior video. I dont see to much under the truck but maybe someone who knows more can shed some light.

Ohh and i think someone may notice in the passenger side video the track bar and drag link look like they have a gnarly angle but thats just the lens. The drives side they look parallel. Please hit me up with some feedback.

interior: 2010 F250 interior steering wheel shake - YouTube
driver: Driver Side 2010 F250 suspension - YouTube
passenger: Passenger Side 2010 F250 suspension - YouTube

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
I see video evidence of You sir running a stop sign LOL

Is this your first lifted truck ?

i don't see a death wobble just normal steering wheel input

I actually run the TGC dual and a Rancho in the OEM location

·
powerstroke wannabe
70 Posts
i'm no mechanic, but looking at those videos, it seems the shimmying/vibrations in the front end only get worse with higher speeds. not saying I know alot but it'd seem the only thing that would cause that would be something that's unbalanced or out of wack like your front driveshaft or maybe something within the front axle itself. cuz if the alignment & all front suspension parts check out and the tires are properly balanced, it seems the only things left are parts like that which begin to turn at higher and higher speeds as you accelerate. idk i mean i could be completely wrong...

·
PSD Rookie
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I see video evidence of You sir running a stop sign LOL

Is this your first lifted truck ?

i don't see a death wobble just normal steering wheel input

I actually run the TGC dual and a Rancho in the OEM location
HA! You got me!:doh:

It is, It just seems like it should feel quite a bit more solid. Lots of what i would consider weird or unusual noise from the front suspension when its off the road even just in grass.

I am just a bit disappointed with the overall feel.

But your saying you get all that feedback in the wheel as well?

·
PSD Rookie
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i'm no mechanic, but looking at those videos, it seems the shimmying/vibrations in the front end only get worse with higher speeds. not saying I know alot but it'd seem the only thing that would cause that would be something that's unbalanced or out of wack like your front driveshaft or maybe something within the front axle itself. cuz if the alignment & all front suspension parts check out and the tires are properly balanced, it seems the only things left are parts like that which begin to turn at higher and higher speeds as you accelerate. idk i mean i could be completely wrong...
Niether am i my friend! and they do, but the front driveshaft should not be spining becuase the truck isnt in 4 wheel drive. I didnt look at the video to see if it was or if you can see that.

and the it seems like like in the driver side under video that i might have a little play in the driver side tie rod end at the wheel. A buddy and me will lift it of the ground and check that. But the feeling that i am concerned with is the up and down motion that isnt in sync from side either side. I know its not a death wobble but it feels like it could become that.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
HA!
But your saying you get all that feedback in the wheel as well?
Hard to compare but I get more than expected even with three stabilizers

I need to pull by Bilsteins and see if they are still good

21 - 26 of 26 Posts