Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 f250
I bought it with an 8 inch lift already on and i put a dana 60 under it
it rides horrible with the ttb leaf springs so i was thinking about doing a 3 inch shackle and 6 inch springs, so my question is will i need to get longer drive shafts to do that??

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
If your drive shaft was properly lengthened when the lift was done 1 in more lift won't make a difference. If a better ride is truly what you're after, do a 5"rsk and only 4" Springs, but use and set it up for super duty springs. They are longer with a better spring rate. Talk to OBSWIZ on here. He's a sponsor and literally designed the RSK can give you more info than anyone else. Good luck!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a total of 9.5" lift front and around 10.5" rear....Front shaft was made new being 2.5" longer, and the rear was fine....I droped the carrier 2"...I have no vibration at all....75mph all day...

Just a FYI.....I know when you do the SD springs with the RSK your in high cotton, but even with the standard 4" Superlift front springs and the RSK was ride was made waaaaaaaaaaay better.....I'm very very happy with the way my truck drives....My buddy has a 03 SD with 9" and we have the same ride....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, ya i just wanted the 3 inch shackles just because i like the look better than the 5 inch, and what would i need to do to fit superduty springs
Thanks

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
You have to move or rotate the front bracket of the RSK forward to accommodate the longer superduty springs. Again I will suggest that you talk to OBSWIZ on here, he LITERALLY wrote the book on the rsk and knows more than anyone else about them. He can get you the parts or just help you with advice. Really nice guy in my experience! Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone know where to order the RSK online?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Anyone know where to order the RSK online?
Yeah, contact OBSWIZ for the RSK and any other parts you need. I got mine from him and his prices were great, not to mention he answered any and all of the questions I had during installation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts