Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Injectors roughly every 100-200k miles I'd say?

Starts to run rougher... Fuel filters turning black fast.... Performance and economy dropping... Can be some symptoms of failing injectors?
usually it's the injector o-rings that start to fail. mine had 260k on them when they were pulled and they worked fine. these injectors now have 220k miles that are in my truck. they ran perfect when rebuilt at 205k miles. only reason they were rebuilt is b/c we built them to stage 2's.

On edit: my truck currently has 311k miles. stock trans, stock engine other than injectors, HPOP, and i did pushrods just for fun. the turbo is even still original w/ 311k miles.. LOL

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
usually it's the injector o-rings that start to fail. mine had 260k on them when they were pulled and they worked fine. these injectors now have 220k miles that are in my truck. they ran perfect when rebuilt at 205k miles. only reason they were rebuilt is b/c we built them to stage 2's.

On edit: my truck currently has 311k miles. stock trans, stock engine other than injectors, HPOP, and i did pushrods just for fun. the turbo is even still original w/ 311k miles.. LOL
And it runs hard. Seen it a couple times at tracks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just turned 401,000 the other day on my 99.5 and it hasn't had anything other than water pump, alternator, and 2 transmissions but runs strong and is reliable

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have put a lotta smaller pieces on mine through the years- vacuum pump, water pump, power steering pump and such, and some bearings and bushings and tie rod ends but over all not very much considering my uncle used it til 2004 to haul babcats and backhoes and rocksaws all day and its a 3/4 ton. oh yea and a couple clutches too

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
A set of 238's. Bout all I know about them. They do haul the mail though.

·
Banned
459 Posts
i have one with 400K still strong

·
Registered
4 Posts
I realize this is ten years after the last post, but I am interested in getting a 2001 F350 7.3 PS with 268k. Guy says he has kept it well maintained, but still all stock. Just a little rust on right rear fender. I havent personally seen it yet, but wondering what should I be thinking about as far as value / cost - seeing as it looks like Ill be needing to replace tranny, injectors, glowplugs, etc etc in the next 50k miles or so. Anything else I should be thinking of before I go shopping? thanks!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts