Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 f250 is back in the shop w/cab off. Last shop that did my head gaskets screwed me, they didn't even last 10,000 miles. Anyway my heads are toast and I ordered a set of liberator oring heads. Has anyone had these on for a while and have u had any trouble? I would really appreciate any help as these will be installed next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already ordered them hoping they will hold, I am running a sct on tranny only, have a 4 in Turbo back exhaust,, afe intake. Nothing too crazy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
why did you go with an o ringed head? which gaskets were used the first time? how did you come to the conclusion that both of your heads were toast?

·
Registered
10 Posts
liberator is garbage i wouldnt buy anything from them. bought brand new heads and a valve was stuck breaking rocker arms and the royal bent me over

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Well I like their single bellows Y-pipe that does away with the separate up-pipe on the right side

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I bought the oring heads because they compress the stock head gasket around the cylinders with more force. I used blackonyx gaskets last fall, the truck had 117,000 miles when the original ones went. The shop that did the work left some factory rtv on the block surface and they used a roll off disc on the block, also when they sent my heads out the machine shop cut my heads. 08 but they did not cut the valves, so the valves hit my pistons, the valves were not bent but my guides and 12 of the valves are bad on the ends. I am trying to get the shop that f<:;-d them up to pay for this, also between 2 of the cylinders there is some pitting 1/4 in from the cylinder. I will post some pics. Any help would be appreciated I am broke and don't have the money for a long block.

Attachments

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
black onyx was the first problem

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I think it would seal with OEM gaskets, They are stainless layers of steel, as long as torqued enough they should be fine Jim. If it were my truck I would try it, but on a customers.. ehh they would have to talk me into it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
man if youre strapped for cash and your heads were toast, you could have got a remanned set for 1100 from a place in texas, I am running them. they come with a 12 month warranty and everything. the oringed heads do not hold up well in a daily driver.... I had the same problem with the black onyx gaskets.... I just got mine back from the shop and we used oem gaskets this time.....

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I would think that if your new heads were good and flat and you used factory gaskets it should seal. Useing the o-ring gaskets you may compound your problem.:doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts