1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
TennesseeHillbilly
1,318 Posts
I used a BDS leveling kit that included new springs, track bar bracket and sway bar end links. It was supposed to lift/level 2½ inches but measuring before and after the difference was more like 5 inches lift. I am running 325/65R18 (34½") tires with just a slight trim on the lower part of the front bumper.

Lots of guys use the icon minipacks and you can also get spring and shackle mounts that will give some lift with the stock springs. If you get a kit make sure it is pre-March 99.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Add a leafs will ride stiffer and requires longer shocks.
Mini spring packs can use stock leanth shocks.
Adj track bar or drop bracket reqiired either way.

Cary

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a very beautiful F-250! Props to your truck! That is exactly the look i am going for, although i do not see your lift specified on the BDS website, they have a add a leaf, and a shackle kit, but the add a leaf has no track bar adjust for it. Do any of you know if the mini spring pack will wear out the stock springs faster, and the same goes for the BDS shackle kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey just to let you know I have a set of tough country leveling springs. You should get about 2.5" of lift out of the front. It will fit 99 to 04 f250 and f350. I had them on my 04 PSD and wanted a little more. I have a 4.5 lift on it. Let me know what you think if you are interested. I would like to get $150 plus shipping.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Mini spring pack or hangers will not afect the life of the springs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've got some rough country 2in add a leafs I'm getting ready to put on. I have 2in. longer bilstein shocks. What else will I have to get? Sounds like I might need a track bar...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Yes ..a adj track bar will recenter the axle. We have em!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
It doesn't seem to have the rear hangers..also looks like you would be stacking rear blocks...neither a good idea.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that because of cost i am just going to do the 2.5in mini spring, with an adj track bar. That should make it sit pretty good ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think that because of cost i am just going to do the 2.5in mini spring, with an adj track bar. That should make it sit pretty good ;)
You can do it even cheaper with a rough country 2in. add a leaf but you have to replace the shocks to. Mine were needing replacement anyway so it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just did a rough country spring leveling kit and upgraded the shocks to the nitro's. Comes with a new track bar. Rides extremely well, I would say better than stock but my stock springs were shot and bottomed out real easy and that's all I ever knew of stock. I didn't need the add a leafs that I bought for the rear in case it was nose high either. You will need an alignment when you are done, my steering wheel is off a good 30 degrees. Also unless you have help plan on a solid all day event. Took me 9 hours in a shop by myself, granted it was made harder not having jacks or stands that were high enough so I had to jack the truck by the frame, remove the tires, lower the axle on to stands then put everything on and then jack the truck up by the axle to put the tires on and take it off the stands. A big f###ing hammer, pry bar and breaker bar are a must. Good luck on whatever you decide.

JP5

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
You never need a alinement...just adjust the drag link to adjust the steering wheel..takes 5 min.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah, true, really the drag link needs to be adjusted, I've gotta take mine in for alignment, I've never had it done and I rebuilt the whole front end since I've owned the truck.

I got the Nitro's because of cost, warranty, and I needed rear shocks too so I didn't think it wouldn't hurt. I've always felt getting better shocks was never a disappointment.

Cheers
JP5

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was wondering if yawl have any of your trucks leveled could you post up some pics!? ;)

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
these are when i bought it, had the leveling kit in it already so i dont know what brand it is but its replacement springs (4 leafs if i remember right) with 305/75/16...i just put 315/75/16 on it dont have pics yet...

the right tire rubs the spring on a hard left turn but the left doesnt rub at all...not sure why..(did it with the smaller tires too)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
the right tire rubs the spring on a hard left turn but the left doesnt rub at all...not sure why..(did it with the smaller tires too)

QUOTE]

Have you checked to see if your axle is centered? Adj track bar can recenter.

Cary

1 - 20 of 25 Posts