Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting ready to purchase some new tires right now i have 33x12.50 and they do not rub at all. I am looking to move up to 35x12.50 and i think they would rub with no lift but im not sure my question is they have a few different sizes to choose from 1.5 inches to 2.5 i like the stance of my truck now how the rear end sits a little higher than the front so what size should i go with i don't want them rubbing at all and i would like the rear to remain a little higher than the front. also do i have to change anything else or is that not enough lift to worry about anything and how hard is it to install do you need any special tools or could this be done in the garage?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Measure first and decide what you want. I should have measured mine first as mine doesn't sit level.

·
Registered
247 Posts
2.5" on mine and my 325's nor my 35's ever rubbed

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bboteler what did you go with in the rear and what leveling kit do you have? pics would be sweet if anyone has them. I have been looking at the ruff country 3 inch stage II seems to have all the parts needed. gtmustang00 how bad is it off did you change any of the blocks or is it the stock set up in the rear still?

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
You could do a 2.5in leveling kit and add some 1.5in blocks in the rear. This will still keep the rear higher than the front so you can put a load on your truck and it will still be level.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Measure measure measure. I have an f250, and put 2.5 inch kit in the front, and f350 blocks in the rear. As of right now, my truck sits .25 inches higher in the rear, but isnt noticeable. With a 2.5" kit, you will want new shocks, for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts